Replacement mast and rigging cost.

MattwallGhost

Visit site
Hi im wondering if anyone knows what the cost of a replacement mast and rigging for a Westerly 25 windrush is please, most appreciated..

Tranona

Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

Short answer is way more than the boat will ever be worth. standing and running rigging at least £1500. Mast and boom at an educated guess around £5k.

However suggest you contact here zsparsuk.com who will make a mast to your spec.

You may be lucky and find a similar size/type secondhand.

Daydream believer

Visit site
I can sell you a set of rigging for a project boat. It is 10 years old but perfectly OK & has all the rigging screws etc. Just needs new terminals one end. Diameters may be slightly larger but that could be a plus.
You must be able to source a mast & boom from somewhere.

Bilgediver

Visit site
Hi im wondering if anyone knows what the cost of a replacement mast and rigging for a Westerly 25 Windrush is please, most appreciated..
Any chance it is similar dimensions to a Centaur mast. There may be a few lying around . You can buy a Windrush complete with mast for about £3000

Try the Westerly Owners Club and Westerly groups on Facebook as well as Google searches/

samfieldhouse

Visit site
Old masts will either brake… or not.
With it down, give it a nice rub along its length to check for kinks and bends.
Check for obvious carrion, especially around any stainless fittings.
I kept my 40 year old mast and boom. The new stays, bottle screws and associated work was £1600 on my 28fter.

Rappey

Visit site
Facebook market place recently had the complete rig and sails for a centaur for £1500 (ambitious" ?)
A guy in southampton is selling masts at £80 to £120. Worth less as scrap.
Its not easy finding suitable older things nowadays as most the places that used to be are now flats.
Its possible it could be cheaper to buy another westerly windrush than source all the parts you need.

Last edited:

steveeasy

Visit site
Boat breakers have lots and not too dear. Im sure your find something used and in good order, dont rush buying anything find the best. new rigging and your be well away.
Steveeasy

Tranona

Visit site
Mine is ok thanks but was told by a friend who broke his that he wasn't sufficiently insured enough , but thank you anyway
Insurance on boats is either agreed value or market value. Old boats like a Windrush are by definition low value even though replacement costs of components like masts will way exceed those values. So a claim for a broken mast will inevitably exceed the insured value and the insurer will only pay out up to the value insured.

langstonelayabout

Visit site
Hi im wondering if anyone knows what the cost of a replacement mast and rigging for a Westerly 25 windrush is please, most appreciated..
It will probably cost more then the hull is worth, however if you take a walk at low tide to the road bridge near Drivers Wharf (Southampton) you will see a number of abandoned yachts that are itching to have their masts, sals and rigging removed.

Over to you; take a look.