Reeds Western Almanac 2022 - Paperback not spiral bound.

Blue Drifter

Visit site
I must must admit not taking much notice when ordering this online, but was surprised to receive it today as an A4 paperback rather than the spiral bound version of previous years. To be fair the online description was clear that it was a paperback and I just didn’t pick up on it. I preferred the lie-flat spiral bound version but am not sure whether this has been discontinued. Are there spiral versions about?

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Is this the full Reeds or one of the sub-sections?

I love the version in the ring binder, but went for the normal version last year as the ring binders fall apart in a puff of wind.

Boathook

Visit site
I've been looking for a spiral bound 2022 reeds channel almanac but they all seem to be bound like a paperback. Has anyone managed to buy a spiral bound one or spoken to reeds?
Another option is a different almanac but which one!
I have got used to reeds over the years so reluctant to change.

xeitosaphil

Visit site
I've been looking for a spiral bound 2022 reeds channel almanac but they all seem to be bound like a paperback. Has anyone managed to buy a spiral bound one or spoken to reeds?
Another option is a different almanac but which one!
I have got used to reeds over the years so reluctant to change.

I'm also looking to get this year's Reeds Channel Almanac and also want a Spiral bound lay flat one, as I really like them. Are there any updates on their availability?
They used to mention spiral in the description, but they don't seem to now.

Are they still available?

Boathook

Visit site
I'm also looking to get this year's Reeds Channel Almanac and also want a Spiral bound lay flat one, as I really like them. Are there any updates on their availability?
They used to mention spiral in the description, but they don't seem to now.

Are they still available?
I emailed Reeds about it and the spiral bound is no more. Basically costs is the reason. Spiral bound cost had gone up a lot whilst bound hadn't. I suspect that a lot of it is down to numbers made / sold and in book terms I suspect very little. So to keep the costs down and competive with others, it went bound.
The original Reeds was always bound and lasted ok, so hopefully the channel version will as well.

penberth3

Visit site
I emailed Reeds about it and the spiral bound is no more. Basically costs is the reason. Spiral bound cost had gone up a lot whilst bound hadn't. I suspect that a lot of it is down to numbers made / sold and in book terms I suspect very little. So to keep the costs down and competive with others, it went bound.
The original Reeds was always bound and lasted ok, so hopefully the channel version will as well.

Cut the spine off. Punch and bind using your preferred system. Job done.

xeitosaphil

Visit site

Thanks for taking time to reply.

That's s PITA then!!

Hate the idea of books closing as soon as you let the pages go which usually happens being bound.
Maybe I just use last year's with up-to-date tide table's.

Thanks for the up-to-date info, saved me buying one and being disappointed.

Cheers Philip

RedFrog

Visit site