Red Ensign saved......for now!

RupertW

Visit site
Damn, sooner we got over our nationalistic nonsense, the better. Oh well, back to my lobbying then. Maybe it'll get through next time.

thefatlady

Visit site
How far does "nationalistic nonsense" go. Isn't an EU flag nationalistic in its own way? How about a world flag? Then it would be a complete irrelevance!

KevB

Visit site
I'm proud to be British and proud of this countries heritage. Shame the lefties are trying to destroy this great country. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sure we have done some not so great things but overall compared to ALL other countries it has given more to the world than it has taken.

I'm proud to be associated with it's general status in the world and don't mind showing it on my boat.

RogerRat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Are there any advantages to flying a blue 'un ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No is the answer, The advantage is in flying the Red one. If you fly a Blue one you are suppost to know what you are doing. If you fly a Red one, No one cares or notices. It's really only to show that you are onboard or about in case friends are short of liquid refreshment. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
Rubbish

There have been occasional suggestions that an EU ensign might be handy, but there has NEVER been a proposal to abolish national ensigns.

There is, however, something of a shortage of British ships to fly the Red Ensign.

Powersalt

Visit site
Re: Rubbish

I used to fly a blue ensign and I seem to remember you had to sign something to the effect that in an emergency your ship was available to the queen or her servents. Or something like that.
Cant be bothered now red is good and Im proud to be English like the the other forumits and you willnever see a different flag on my boat whatever the rules.

oldgit

Visit site

O don,t spoil their fun.If the little englanders cannot find any genuine problems to go all foamy at the mouth about they always end up having to invent something or other like this tired old flag business.Lets us intergrationistas get on with the biz of quietly snugggling up to europe without hinderance. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DFB

Visit site
Anybody Briton who flies the EU rag should be stripped of their status as British subjects. Endov. You are either with us or against us.

oldgit

Visit site
Re: Red Ensign saved......(Again)

(Anybody Briton )?.
Some sort of early Romano-Celtish language no doubt,any chance of a translation.

B

bob_tyler

Will P & O Ships now start wearing the Dubai ensign?