re-cut genoa. Does this look ok?

ghostlymoron

Visit site
Take it back and tell them you've realised that they've accidentally returned it before completion. Have you any previous experience of these sailmakers before? Or know any satisfied customers?

steve350

Visit site
Take it back and tell them you've realised that they've accidentally returned it before completion. Have you any previous experience of these sailmakers before? Or know any satisfied customers?

Yes I've used them before, for work on my sprayhood, and came away with a good impression. As far as I can judge they have a good reputation. The frustrating thing is that I would have replaced the genoa if, after their initial inspection, they considered it worn out. As it turned out they said that a recut would be fine and I was guided by their advice.
I'd like to think it's been accidentally returned before completion, perhaps an admin error.

Visit site
How old is this sail, and why has it got a wire luff and a thimble at the end? Storm jibs apart, I didnt think modern sails were made like that. Certainly mine on this boat and previous ones have all had a ring at the fool with lots of tapes sown through and into the tabling at the bottom.

ghostlymoron

Visit site
I think it would be better to assume that it has been returned unfinished rather than go in with guns blazing. I would think that a reputable sailmaker would be happy to send you away satisfied as he (or she) must be well aware that a dis-satisfied customer or any of his friends is unlikely to return. Good luck

steve350

Visit site
I think it would be better to assume that it has been returned unfinished rather than go in with guns blazing. I would think that a reputable sailmaker would be happy to send you away satisfied as he (or she) must be well aware that a dis-satisfied customer or any of his friends is unlikely to return. Good luck

Ghostlymoron, your assessment was correct. The sailmaker gave an instant reply to my email offering to sort out the problem with thier immediate attention. I guess they made an error and want it rectified. I was a bit stressed out for a while there.