Raymarine ST60 Wind problem

Ric

Visit site
I have Raymarine ST 60 Wind on my boat, which has worked perfectly for five years. It has now partially failed. When the wind is from starboard, the ST60 indicates correctly the wind direction. But when the wind is from port, the ST60 indicates the mirrored direction. Wind speed is correctly indicated.

I have checked all wiring, and have been up the mast to check that the windvane is turning correctly and is fully tightened on the axle.

Anybdy got any other suggestions?

tangofour

Visit site
Sounds like a failed phase on the direction transducer. Know anyone with a new one they havent installed yet? Hooking that direct to your display would be the quickest way to isolate the fault. ( display, then cable then mast head unit. )
Is there an agent nearby who would loan you a unit for a morning ( laughing noises here )

lw395

Visit site
If you can measure the sin and cos voltages at the input to the display/head unit, you mat find one is open circuit and not changing. don't know about raymarine particularly, but I would expect sin and cos to be offset and scaled 0 to 2.5V or 0 to 5V instead of -1 to +1. A bad connection could cause your problem, you may well find it with a multimeter.
Good Luck!

Gypsy

www.tech-x.com.au
I had a similar problem a bit over a year ago and I was able to fix it. Do a search for "ST60 wind" in the text of the message for messages over 6mths ago. My post was on 1Feb06.

I also posted a day or two later about how to disassemble the head/transducer unit.
Ray