raymarine lifetag

dj43

Visit site
Hi all

Brought the raymarine lifetag man overboard system,bit late to be posting,asking for advice but you no what it's like seemed like a good idea at the time.
swmbo and myself are most of the time cruising the east coast on our own ,we often are out about early or late in the season when there is ice on the boat,or its dark,so as swmbo often says that if she fell overboard I would not here her(if you new me you would no why) he he, bit muttern ,so I brought this system so the question is it any good :)

SpottyDog5

Visit site
Hi all

Brought the raymarine lifetag man overboard system,bit late to be posting,asking for advice but you no what it's like seemed like a good idea at the time.
swmbo and myself are most of the time cruising the east coast on our own ,we often are out about early or late in the season when there is ice on the boat,or its dark,so as swmbo often says that if she fell overboard I would not here her(if you new me you would no why) he he, bit muttern ,so I brought this system so the question is it any good :)
Even you will hear Lorraine, if she went overboard, from what I understand life tag system works well.

neale

Visit site
I have used one and it is very good. Alarms sound and if linked to plotter you automatically get an MOB waypoint. The only negative thing s that the waypoint stays where the the alarm first sounded so unless you are quick getting back, the casualty will have drifted away a little.

The other point worth making is that if you attach the pendants to your lifejacket, as we did, you can easily forget about them when you land in port and if one crewmember wanders away form the boat wearing their lifejacket all hell breaks loose :D

DougH

Visit site
The other point worth making is that if you attach the pendants to your lifejacket, as we did, you can easily forget about them when you land in port and if one crewmember wanders away form the boat wearing their lifejacket all hell breaks loose :D

Yep it works very well and is to be recommended.

BUT do read Neale's post above and be aware because you will do the same.

tjc

Visit site
+1 they are very good but we attached them to lifejackets and they WILL go off if you leave the boat and all hell does break loose.

However it is good reminder that we have them and they do work. SWMBO will not out past the lock in Sutton Harbour without them fired up.

Batteries last forever ir seems too

dj43

Visit site
Thanks for the replys,as they are all positive,going to connect to the plotter,

Hi roy are you saying swmbo is a touch loud:)

Good point neal re leaving boat with them on, who will be first to set them off,hope it's not me.

jpthegp

Me - Malvern, Worcs. Aurial - Neyland, Milford Hav
Visit site
Regarding the statement

'The only negative thing is that the waypoint stays where the the alarm first sounded so unless you are quick getting back, the casualty will have drifted away a little.'

If your plotter, like my Raymarine C70 Classic, has tide and wind input as well as compass (though I think it needs the Smart Heading Sensor) then the MOB waypoint will move with the predicted current.

I just hope I don't need it.... VERY loud alarm, though - and useful that you can press the pendant's panic button if you are harnessed on but fall overboard and are dragged alongside the boat; the proximity sensor would not operate in this case. The panic button is also good for bringing sleepy crew up on board in case of emergency or if they have overslept their watch...