Raymarine (Autohelm) Support

HaraldS

www.taniwani.eu
Has anybody had any success using Raymarine's Internet based support this year?
It seemed to work fine last year, and I used to get quick and competent responses to technical inquiries.

About 4 weeks ago I filed a question using the same system, never got an answer. So I thought I might have done something wrong sending it in, and tried the same thing two weeks later. Same result: No answer.

Up to now I had three more tries, and for one of them I replyed to an old e-mail answer I had from them from last year. In this case the system generated a response e-mail, saying that I should get an answer within 48 hours. The timestamp of that seems to suggest that the support system is in the US.

Off course I also got no answer to that try. I thought about calling them, but they don't give any support numbers on their website.

I'm about to give up. Reason for my recent inquiry was that I wanted to buy one of their products, but needed some technical answers. I think that business may well go elsewhere now.

Any experiences, suggestions?

HaraldS

www.taniwani.eu
Couldn't find a support phone number on the website.
Any idea where their support is located. Looks like it could be the New Hampshire site.
The way the site guides you, it doesn't seem that phone support is part of the desired concept.

Andy

Visit site
I had the same problem..Isent my 3000 in for repair but it was beyond fixing so the tech department offered me 25% off a new unit.They were very good but when i sent the e-mail to try and purchase the unit i had no reply (6 or 7 times)
In the end i phoned them and the service was excellent.

G

I hope you fellows across the pond get better results from their tech support than we are getting here in the US.
A couple of weeks ago I sent them and email describing a "cracked GPS cable" and asked them how much it would cost to replace the cable. The answer I got back was apparently automated email....telling me to ship the instrument to them with a check for $45.00 to diagose the problem then give me an estimate for repair...... I tried to return the email but it wouldn't take, and so I sent them another email trying to clarify the situation....and to date...no response.

To say the least, I am not pleased with their response, and plan on writing to the CEO to state my complaint. I have heard from a number of people that they have had similar experiences with Raymarine who is very unlike Raytheon/Apelco. I work for BoatUS here in the states and am in a position to influence customers purchasing decisions, and it is difficult for me to not relate my complaint and those of others.

I seriously doubt that when I buy my radar and other electronics in the future that they will be Raymarine. I rather suspect that they will be either Furuno, Garmin and Icom....three companies known for "excellent customer service".

G

Raymarine/Raytheon have recently undergone a changeover. From my experiences with them _ and others_ try a telephone... you should be able to contact a service engineer direct;;;; if not ... insist that you want to speak to a service engineer. Hope this helps .. Brian

chas

Visit site
I sent an email enquiry last Thursday and got a reply on Friday - thought that was not too bad - to say that they no longer had spares for my older version ST4000. Anyone got a spare plug that goes on the end of the wire from the black box? a visitor used mine as a step to get down into the cockpit.

HaraldS

www.taniwani.eu
Re: Raymarine (Autohelm) Support details

Nigel,

again thank you for the contact!
I have talked to Dave Wellcome at length and he was very helpful and I got all the answers I could expect. In one case not what I hoped to hear but honest and competent. Made good for a lot and I will buy from them.
Still I think Raymarine would be well advised to look at their support system or approach.

Harald

digit

Visit site
They have Call centre based in Nashua and I tried using their toll free number, 800 539 5539, they have an automated switch that leads you to their product groups and is answered by their engineers - that worked well for me.

I also had some problems getting the email to work, but found that there was a server problem, when I called to find out what was happening, they had all my mails, they had also answered them, but for some reason I had not received them, anyways, they copied them to me again and I got a whole string of them back.

Give them a call - I found them helpfull!