Race Against Time - Ellen Macarthur

Rustyknight

Visit site
Also a Christmas pressie here, and I gave up after a few pages. Far too many "trivial" photographs..... in fact you could count on the fingers of one hand the pages that don't carry at least one.

davehu

Visit site
I Agree, very poor, compare it to Knox Johnsons " a world of my own" a real story about the same journey. No phoning home for help in those days.

Talbot

Visit site
This is a coffee table book, not a serious read. It is designed as something to have a quick glance at the photos with just a bit of additional text. Suits some people - not me, so I didnt buy it.

Dont you look at things before buying or asking dfor Xmas presents?

Sumpie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Dont you look at things before buying or asking dfor Xmas presents?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know some families specify presents, but most people I know buy presents to be a suprise for the recipient on the special day, so the books were probably bought in good faith that they would be of interest to those with sailing as a hobby/passion. It's not their fault it failed to deliver. I should know, Border's and Waterstone's survive off the profits from me buying anything that has a boat on the front for HWMO! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Talbot

Visit site
I never specify, but do list a number of different things at a lot of different prices, that I would be mighty please to get.

misterg

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What a load of rubbish.

Was given it for my Christmas but a complete waste of the loving child's £20 (cover price) sadly.

Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

SWMBO ended up with 3 copies /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

All as bad as each other.....

Andy