Quote for painting

Nicolas

Visit site
Hello there, after a year in the atlantic, our babe badly needs repainting. Topsides I mean. Everything needs to come off (big sanding job), and a fair bit of gelcoat repairs before putting the new paint on (2 coats polyester, 2 coats epoxy and 3 coats of paint).

Got a quote around 5K, does this seem right to you? Just wondering so thought I'd check here
BTW, she's a Hustler 35 (Tyler 1971)

Thanks

yoda

Visit site
If you are prepared to bring the boat to the west country I would suggest you go to Spencer Fleet who can strip back and re-gelcoat. His work is fantastic and would probably be in the same order of cost. You also end up with a gelcoat that can be repaired and not a paint job. PM me if you want more info.

Yoda

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
I agree with yoda - he knows my boat and its one of the ones he is referring to that has been regelled by Spencer.

I paid less than your quote a few years ago to have the whole gel coat ground off a 39 footer, lots of repairs above and below the waterline and then a new gel coat applied, faired and polished.

doug748

Visit site
The price sounds good, for a Awlgrip respray. Mylor Yacht Harbour did a first rate job on mine, and might be worth looking at if you are handy for the West Country. I would go for the gel coat but, as I understand it, only possible for white.