PYH KICKING OUT 50% OF THEIR LIVABOARDS

Daydream believer

Visit site
I don't think we have to do too much.

The production of meat is the most wasteful means of providing food. It consumes more
greenhouses gases than cars, lorries, ships and planes put together. It's also very low in nutrients.

We just need to cut down a bit to make a big difference.
You do what you want, but please do not cut out my steak & chips. And whilst you are at it, leave my diesel van alone. I expect that there are a few others who would tend to feel likewise, but are not allowed to say so.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Thread drift indeed, but helpful. Those who are out of chips in PYH should go to Ramsgate for great fish and chips AND they allow liveaboards as it is a council run marina and they have to pay rates on top of their berthing charge.
As you have mentioned Ramsgate & the thread is about misplaced persons ( well liveaboards being moved on). May I raise the question of the bloke who sleeps by the small area of pavement at the junction by the harbour. He seems to have had his sleeping bag there for the last 3 years & sleeps just by the sign. ( I assume it is the same bloke). There is no protection from the weather at all.
I have seen him chatting to the local plod, who do not appear to be moving him on- unlike those in the doorways further up the street.
So is he someone just out to make some sort of statement, is he homeless out of choice, has he ever been offered shelter & has he refused? Anyone local to Ramsgate know? It is getting a bit cold now & I was just wondering.

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
You do what you want, but please do not cut out my steak & chips. And whilst you are at it, leave my diesel van alone. I expect that there are a few others who would tend to feel likewise, but are not allowed to say so.
Not willing to give up one meat meal a week to save the planet ?

Even Lewis Hamilton has given given up his jet plane. I believe you have an electric bicycle so you have a reprieve for a month while you think it over. I hope your bicycle charges up from East Coast windmills.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Not willing to give up one meat meal a week to save the planet ?
My steak - & a square meal for 50% of the UK population--- will make absolutely no difference to the planet. My feelings on the issues would be a thread drift too far from the subject of liveaboards. So i will leave it there
------& stick some extra mustard on my steak. Medium rare please. Great with chips, mushrooms toms etc in a restaurant with a nice wine, with friends after a long trip.
& you want me to cut back :rolleyes: Leave it out

Daydream believer

Visit site
I've started knitting you a nice pair of gloves made from hemp . Could be cold that far north. ? ? (y)
No need thanks. Lots of wool from those nice meaty sheep in the Welsh hills. Just another benefit, that some seem to forget-- Lamb chops & woolly hats :D
Plus , of course, It is the roll of sheep ( & livestock in general) farming that benefits the landscape, plus tourist industry, as well as the local economy.
Now where is my mint sauce? :unsure:

Stemar

Visit site
I would suggest that, as with most things, it isn't the doing of something, it's the excessive doing of it - too much MacDo = obesity here and deforestation there. Too much car use = pollution here and climate change everywhere. Too much "I want" here = sweatshops and slavery there and more climate change everywhere. Etc.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
I wonder if this is why the Plymouth marina I was in has hiked up the prices so much?

For some reason us Scots have a reputation about being careful with money, but after seeing a pals invoice I almost choked on my pint.

ross84

Visit site
It's now very difficult to live in the EU if you're British and can't afford the 500k golden visa or are retired and have passive income of over 2k /pm (and able to pay substantial healthcare costs). You're all second class citizens here. I hope this changes in the future, but the good old days of freedom of movement are over unless you're married to a German woman *ahem*.

Daydream believer

Visit site
It's now very difficult to live in the EU if you're British and can't afford the 500k golden visa or are retired and have passive income of over 2k /pm (and able to pay substantial healthcare costs). You're all second class citizens here. I hope this changes in the future, but the good old days of freedom of movement are over unless you're married to a German woman *ahem*.
Well there is a certain German lady that I know of. Answers to the name of Angela. Has just retired, Has good connections. Bit miserable- but aren't they all- Twice married, but single at the minute & possibly a bit lonely, now she is out of work. Might get you a visa in the deal.

Last edited:

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Well there is a certain German lady that I know of. Answers to the name of Angela. Has just retired, Has good connections. Bit miserable- but aren't they all- Twice married, but single at the minute & possibly a bit lonely, now she is out of work. Might get you a visa in the deal.

I doubt there is enough beer in a Bavarian brewery for that.