Purchasing online advice

harvey38

Visit site
You've been screwed, how did you pay?

Happened to me once but I paid with PayPal, I contacted them and my bank and got my money back within a week but the fact someone had no compunction about screwing me over still hurts. Twats.

coopec

N/A
Visit site
You think the police will show absolutely any interest at all? How quaint :ROFLMAO:. They'll advise the OP to report it on ActionFraud, and that's the first and only thing they'll do.
I can't argue with you as I have no idea hoe Criminal Law is administered in the UK. Certainly in Australia he wouldn't last long.

coopec

N/A
Visit site
All too apparent. On reflection you may think it a little unwise to be making such wild assertions.
Australia adopted the British Common Law so the rights of individuals would likely be the same in the UK as Australia. But how those rights can be enforced would be another matter.

Euphonyx

Visit site
Australia adopted the British Common Law so the rights of individuals would likely be the same in the UK as Australia. But how those rights can be enforced would be another matter.
I think he may have been referring to the fact that you took it upon yourself to name someone and then accuse them of fraud in an open forum.

coopec

N/A
Visit site
I think he may have been referring to the fact that you took it upon yourself to name someone and then accuse them of fraud in an open forum.
Point taken.

I suppose he could have been crook for the last two months. Let's hope for your sake he gets better soon.:confused:

matt1

Visit site
I had a similar experience from a FB user from Portsmouth earlier this year. Ghosted me as soon as I paid. Wonder if it’s the same person? Would be happy to compare notes! Reported to national fraud website (local plod not interested). Nothing came of it, no surprise. Eventually had a call from fraud line and they did tell me to report it (& his bank details) to my bank because the more who report his details the more chance banks would take action against him

Rustyknight

Visit site
Looking at the FB profile mentioned in #2 above, the guy is apparently living in Barbados, which might complicate matters...... if it's the right person.

coopec

N/A
Visit site
I had a similar experience from a FB user from Portsmouth earlier this year. Ghosted me as soon as I paid. Wonder if it’s the same person? Would be happy to compare notes! Reported to national fraud website (local plod not interested). Nothing came of it, no surprise. Eventually had a call from fraud line and they did tell me to report it (& his bank details) to my bank because the more who report his details the more chance banks would take action against him
"Contact Action Fraud if you think you've lost money or been hacked because of an online scam or fraud and you're in England or Wales. You can: report online - either sign up for an account or continue as a 'guest' call 0300 123 2040"
Avoid and report internet scams and phishing

coopec

N/A
Visit site
Looking at the FB profile mentioned in #2 above, the guy is apparently living in Barbados, which might complicate matters...... if it's the right person.
You obviously referring to Matthew Goble?

I wonder if that is his real name? I wonder if he really lives in Barbados? I wonder where he maintains his bank account and what name it is in?

Avoid and report internet scams and phishing

In Australia we report internet scams to
https://www.cyber.gov.au/learn-basics/explore-basics/recognise-and-report-scams

Last edited:

AngusMcDoon

Visit site