Pubs near Haslar marina?

johnwest

Visit site
Call in at the marina office and pick up the Haslar year book. A quite chat with the staff there should provide you with some information. Although there is a bar on the Lightship.

j

David_J

Visit site
Afternoon all! Just arrived here and have no idea where anything is, although we are booked in to the lightship for lunch, can anyone recommend any pubs for pre lunch drinks?

We were in the lightship for lunch today. About 1300 up top for a few drinks then 1400 down below for eats. Now I am a firm fan of the Lightship under this new management and we had a great steak there last week but the food today was very poor. Not quite dreadful but poor. Typical that we had family down and wanted it to be good and it wasn't. It was advertised as lamb shank but it was just slices and tough as anything. We got a starter we didn't ask for. Joker behind us vaping in the restaurant (not hype lightship fault of course)
Not what we hoped for. Wonder if it was a different chef?

bradtarga34

Visit site
Seems like slim pickings Gosport wise then, marina guy mentioned the Castle as a maybe but best bet over gun wharf way... Thankfully plenty on board so hit the stocks instead and had a reall nice lunch in the light ship. Surprised at David J's comments about it being poor, we were a party of 7 and all of us had a very good meal with everyone pretty well trying something different. I couldn't see lamb shank on the menu but there was roast lamb which my wife and I had and was lovely, tender and well cooked and the roast potatoes were spot on! Hard working staff and quite ok wine, and some lovely deserts finished off a very good lunch, no complaints at all!

Elessar

Visit site
We were in the lightship for lunch today. About 1300 up top for a few drinks then 1400 down below for eats. Now I am a firm fan of the Lightship under this new management and we had a great steak there last week but the food today was very poor. Not quite dreadful but poor. Typical that we had family down and wanted it to be good and it wasn't. It was advertised as lamb shank but it was just slices and tough as anything. We got a starter we didn't ask for. Joker behind us vaping in the restaurant (not hype lightship fault of course)
Not what we hoped for. Wonder if it was a different chef?

Im a fan of it under the new ownership too. But have had 1 bad meal ( out of 6, over 3 visits). Consistency is key to success and i hope they succeed.

ricky_s

Visit site
The Castle is a nice pub, was in there Friday night and it was packed but the food on offer looked very good. I was only in there for the beer though.