Provisional details at this early stage ...

G

I was waiting for that one !!

Someone had to come up with that one .....

Wasn't my fault that Bembridge went Seawych Owners Association for 35th year !!!!

Talbot

Visit site
Have you considered Island Harbour marina (just south of the Folly) Biggest problem with it is the need to lock in and out, and the times for that are dependent on your depth and springs/neaps (see here).

G

Island Harbour

Have heard some dismal reports for it ... but am open to suggestion ...

So anyone with comments about it ??

Talbot

Visit site
Re: Walking Ashore at East Head

[ QUOTE ]
We could start off with Talbot as the innermost boat - plenty of room on deck for the BBQ ... !!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have cooked on a BBQ for 13 people onboard (Gas BBQ) and on that day ended up with 26 people onboard.

On another occasion with the BBQ ended up with a friendly chap rowing across witha fire extinguisher cause he thought that the smoke from the sausages was really a fire onboard. personally I reckon he was just after a sausage

G

Sausages ....

I must be the only person for miles around to have English Best Pork and Beef Sausages ........... you cannot get 'em for love nor money out here .... I normally carry a couple of large packs back in checked bags from UK .... sod EU - English sausages are unique and the best ....

Tonight its Bangers and mash ... SWMBO's choice I may add !!

Talbot

Visit site
Re: Sausages ....

I like the proper savoury UK sausage, but also like Bratwurst. Most UK sausage contains rusk, so its a no-no for me, but local butcher will make up specials.

VicMallows

Visit site
Yes, please add me to the list.

Personal preferences:

Newtown (there's no prob with BBQs on the beach West side).
East Head.
Priory (but I'm a bilge keeler).

Personally I will never go to Bembridge ever since the HM turned out in January to demand his £5 for drying on the beach, AND accused me of having a noisy party!! (local youths messing around). As for the new pontoon ..... don't have that sort of cash!.

Vic 'Sundash' Sadler29

G

Update ....

Ok we have so far about 12 boats so far ranging from 23 up to 38ft..... some have given indication of numbers of children / crew .. many haven't !!

Provisional pencil in at Harold Hayles has been done for Saturday 27th May 2006 ... with other days / nights to individual reqt's ... (Fees payable by each boat please directly)

The fees quoted to me (based on 2005 , as they didn't have 2006 at hand yet ...) :>

Up to 25ft £14
........30ft £17
........35ft £20
........40ft £23
all incl Electric / Water.

Note that electric at present is supplied via a household domestic 3 pin socket and adaptor is required to convert Caravan plug to 3 pin. HH advise that they are planning change to standard marina / caravan plug system shortly and cannot say if May 2006 is changed or not ...

The preceeding week - as already mentioned ... I and a few other boats plan to do a jolly around the Solent region - finishing up at Yarmouth HH on the Friday - ready for the fun to start on Saturday ... Anyone who wishes to tag along with us is very welcome ... but please note that we are Bilge Keelers and will "boldly go" where no fin-man has been before !!

PLEASE NOTE ABOVE IS NOT FINAL AND SUBJECT TO MAJORITY DECISION AND ALSO PREVAILING CIRCUMSTANCES AT THE TIME ...

Can I ask all those intending to come on this meet ... can you :

Boat Name
Skippers ID (Forum ID is fine)
Number of crew incl. SWMBO / KIds etc.....
LOA
Keel type
Will you be joining the Solent Jolly part or whole week
Will you be at Yarmouth BBQ Saturday
Number of under 18's
SWMBO ? or HMBO ... (there are some lady's with sensible shoes who command the boat !!!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This will help us sort out etc. ........... we also need suggestions for games and activities ... eg Boules, Rounders, Cricket, Treasure Hunt, etc. etc.

The Dunes area of Yarmough have BBQ stands provided ... bit manky last time I saw them - but a quick burn off with spirit sorts that ... and behind the dunes I seem to remember is quite a large area ...

Access to the BBQ area from HH is better by very short 50yd dinghy ride ... and I shall provide my dinghy with solid floor fitted ... if anyone else cares to help - much apprecaited, otherwise it is a bit of walk round the marshy bit ...

All we have to do now is pray to the Weather gods and hope all is fine ...

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Re: Update ....

Nigel your mailbox is full!

Anne and I will be there with Galadriel 35ft fin keel. We will (depending on tide) join you all on Friday evening, we get there when we get there (try not to wake anyone!)

Talbot

Visit site
Re: Update ....

Hi Jude
Talbot
Total = 2 (Mrs Talbot)
9m
Shallow keel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(narrow cat)
Possible join preceeding week (would be last minute decision)
BBQ = Yes
Under 18 = Nil (the've grown up at last)

Are those fees the same for multihulls? (only 4 metres wide)

G

Cat fee\'s ... ???

Will try and find out ... never rafted on cat before ... sat on a dog !! If you see our second youngest dog out here - he's near double the size of our Alsation !!!

Will find out .... have to talk to HH again anyway as it seems there may be a few turning up the Friday with us ....

G

Its a nuisance ....

I get a lot of useful stuff PM'd to me often ... and MB is not big enough ... so have to lose it ...

You'll find my box is near empty now - so let me hear from yo'all !!

Visit site
Re: Its a nuisance ....

I shall be bobbing into Yarmouth on the friday night arfter another masive solent passage from the folly on Thursday night, if any body else is around. (if the others want to make it a stop off)
Nigel tou have rest of my details except for depth=1.5m
Pat

Talbot

Visit site
Re: Cat fee\'s ... ???

rafting on a cat is a bit like rafting on a pontoon, in that you dont have to worry about masts clashing, its a flat side that you are aiming at, low freeboard for climbing across etc etc

KRG

Visit site
Count me in, sent pm. went there this w/e and the other boaties had got a good game of 'find your dinghy after the pub closes', was great to sit in my cockpit 50yrds from dinghy pontoon and listen to the comments from the SWMBO's about the likelyhood of various Jolly skippers getting them back to their bunks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tim777

Visit site
Have you thought of Island Harbour? Good for walks and kids and some new pontoons. Can also walk back to Folly for Sat night dance on tables w/o being triple berthed in the river.