Project took a bit longer than planned

ex-Gladys

Visit site
Comfort when cruising is very important. Gladys has an "aftermarket" wheelhouse which, when I bought her, I anticipated eventually I would remove... That was until we sailed with it. I particularly enjoy sailing in company in rain, as we pass other boats, I rarely wear oilies, and enjoy seeing others in full gear getting wet. It's ugly as hell, but who cares?Gladys small.jpg

Last edited:

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
I'm quite envious of the various "solid sprayhoods" demonstrated here. Wouldn't work on my Moody for two reasons - the boom is too low over the cockpit, and she has tiller steering (which I generally prefer). Still, food for thought!

Javelin

www.Southwoldboatyard.co.uk
One of the design criteria for my sprayhood was that when standing, with the tiller between my knees, in my normal entering or leaving port stance, was that I can see over the top of the sprayhood and still see my bow.
Most of the rest of the time when sailing my "George" is doing the steering which leaves me free to do stuff.
The godsend of last year is a remote control of the steering which hangs round my neck.

ex-Gladys

Visit site
I'm quite envious of the various "solid sprayhoods" demonstrated here. Wouldn't work on my Moody for two reasons - the boom is too low over the cockpit, and she has tiller steering (which I generally prefer). Still, food for thought!
My boom is about 4" higher than designed. As a shallow centre cockpit boat, I think it would feel quite exposed without the wheelhouse. By eye, it's quite similar to the Moody 336(?)...