Project sunseeker

paradave

Visit site
He did say in one of the vids it was going to be sold once finished. It’ll be interesting to see if it sells.

Richard.C

Visit site
Hull colour aside I think it's a very interesting concept, with new boat prices so high will there be a market for fully refurbished boats like this. This isn't just a little cosmetic work, from what I can tell this could be considered a complete new boat, it's just the fibreglass hull moulding was done in 1999, everything else is all new and even re-modelled in places to a more modern form.

Maybe needs some form of warranty?

Aardee

Visit site
While it's undoubtedly a fine boat that's had a more-than-thorough restoration, I'm wondering what sort of buyer it's aimed at at £350k. That sort of money buys you a lot of choice in all size ranges, mostly much newer. For my money I think I'd go for a well specced used Axopar 37 and pocket a fair chunk of change to pay the electric bill for a couple of months ;)

The ideal customer profile for a rebuilt '99 Sunseeker at £350k must be pretty limited. It's not like the "updated classic car" market where there is clearly an established demand for ostensibly "new" E-Types from the likes of Eagle.

ontheplane

Visit site
Sadly I'm with many here - If he'd kept the colour attractive / more neutral it would have been more attractive in my eyes (irrelevant as I can't afford it).

I get it has new engines, and it's practically a new boat in many other ways.... but to be honest - it's still a near 23 year old boat, updated..... If it was £20 - £30k more than another it would go like a shot. If it was £50-100k more than others, it might have a chance - but a 23 year old boat for triple the price of it's counterparts.......

I wonder if the price even is just to get some publicity - wonder if he'll go for another Aquaholic video. Certainly it's a very good ad for their abilities.

I don't think it will sell at even 3/4 of that price.

Portofino

Visit site
While it's undoubtedly a fine boat that's had a more-than-thorough restoration, I'm wondering what sort of buyer it's aimed at at £350k. That sort of money buys you a lot of choice in all size ranges, mostly much newer. For my money I think I'd go for a well specced used Axopar 37 and pocket a fair chunk of change to pay the electric bill for a couple of months ;)

The ideal customer profile for a rebuilt '99 Sunseeker at £350k must be pretty limited. It's not like the "updated classic car" market where there is clearly an established demand for ostensibly "new" E-Types from the likes of Eagle.
Hmm .Eagle fixed know weak spots with the E type , they more / less look the same on the road as unmolested OEM version .
This SH 34 does not ( unlike your eagle analogy) perform, behave any differently in terms of boaty handling than a stock Superhawk.Because there is / was nothing really from a performance pov to improve on .Don Sheards hull in unchanged .Unlike the steering , brakes , suspension + much more on E type .

The boats just had arguably a cosmetic blow over that’s all .A few extra knots from the then current motors at the date of the refurb does not add up to 3 x the ave value of a OEM boat .

Also I understand there’s really no price difference between a molested “ eagle “ E type and a concourse as std as possible ( despite the weaknesses) un molested as near original car .Indeed the real collectors prefer the latter .

SC35

Visit site
I can see that selling at £200k, the new engines and outdrives alone could have cost £60k.
But £350k ???
Sub-£300k gets you a much younger Hunton XRS43 with bigger engines, although admittedly with less Bling.

bowler

Visit site
I wonder what value a surveyor would put on it.....
You would think that there is a limit to value in refurbed boats regardless of cash spent on said refurb. Gold taps in the head wouldn't add value, but maybe make it more attractive. I would imagine that they haven't had a surveyor value it for that reason. Perhaps they are just testing the water so to speak? Some nutter with bags of cash could be just around the corner. It only takes one...

julians

Visit site
I admire the effort that's gone into it, proper craftsmanship,but it's not worth anywhere near that price IMO, and it's also not to my taste.

All moot points though as I'm not in the market.

bowler

Visit site
Good marketing tool though. Maybe that was the plan. Thay being said, plenty of folk out there with too much money that could fancy this sort of 'classic' with added bling. Good luck to them I say.

Bouba

Visit site
If the owner does large motorhome conversions then they will be used to dealing with customers with deep pockets...that would put you in a frame of mind that says, yes there is a customer out there...unlike ourselves who can only say, we wouldn’t pay for it so no one would

Time Out

Visit site
He’s quoted in the latest MBY.

Whole project cost him 220k (plus labour )if some offered him 350 he would sell.

Testing the water obviously but it’s untested in reality. There are more and more refits of older craft and there’s no denying this is a stunner ! But even in Superyacht circles you will never really ‘make’ on a refit or even get back what you put in unless you are lucky or very clever. And that means not documenting it so publicly!