Private own boat tuition in UK.

Visit site
Sorry - I've just picked up that I have caused sex based confusion!

The instructor in question is female, and runs a business primarily teaching women. Thus for her to be relevant, you would need to be one.

The other two are perfect gents, as far as I am aware!

Mark Hashemi

Visit site
I am picking up on an old thread. I too am looking for some own boat tuition in Dunoon area. Can you help?
Have acquired lovely 42” cruiser/racer but new to sailing (day skipper). Could do with experienced company to avoid doing something embarrassing.
Mark

Chris
Where in the west coast ? I know plenty of people who would be happy to help, just for the pleasure of sailing. Especially at this time of year when most are taking their boat out the water and would relish a little extension to the season.
My old man and his friends in particular would gladly offer a little tuition if you are local enough.
Currently their boats are berthed on summer moorings in Dunoon, portavadie and a few other marinas in the area.

awol

Visit site
I am picking up on an old thread. I too am looking for some own boat tuition in Dunoon area. Can you help?
Have acquired lovely 42” cruiser/racer but new to sailing (day skipper). Could do with experienced company to avoid doing something embarrassing.
Mark
Dunoon? I assume she is kept in the Holy Loch in which case HLSC is a good place to start. They do more than dinghies and Pipers and have members with loads of big boat experience as well as being friendly and welcoming. Pop in on a Wednesday - why not do it tonight? - and say hullo to Duncan, the Commodore, and Bill, the sailing secretary.
I'm not a member there being across at RGYC but I certainly would give them a try.

Corona Mia

Visit site
Where should I look for some own boat 1-2-1 instruction other than sailing schools. Do any forum members provide this service. I imagine some must on a casual basis ?
I doubt there aren't lots of skippers with the knowledge and skills to pass it on to someone who requires experience under guidance.

Thanks,
Chris.
Hi Chris……..I think it’s a great idea taking 1-2-1 instruction on your own boat in the area you will be using it.

With a new (to you) boat, and especially in an environment you are not used to, it will give you (and your crew)
confidence to enjoy it.

As the other Posters have mentioned here……..it‘s really about finding someone who’s a knowledgeable teacher
who inspires you, rather than the specific qualifications of your ‘teacher’.

That said, I’ve found all the RYA instructors I’ve been with, have very ‘motivating’ in the nicest way!?