Prices going down already me thinks

oldgit

Visit site
Several very attractively priced boats in the MED for me but the price difference simply not good enough at the moment to overwhelm the hassle of viewing and getting it back to Blighty.
Chap who moors behind me has both a UK VAT receipt as well as a TVA EU receipt for his boat .

Portofino

Visit site
What price quartile is it in .
Split the market into 4 quarters , which 1/4 is yours in .
Just go on price not year .Like mines got an electric toilet the previous year had a pump etc .Just price only .

Edit - has it got Aircon , passerelle , + teak , assume it’s got teak ?

julians

Visit site
What price quartile is it in .
Split the market into 4 quarters , which 1/4 is yours in .
Just go on price not year .Like mines got an electric toilet the previous year had a pump etc .Just price only .

Edit - has it got Aircon , passerelle , + teak , assume it’s got teak ?
There's are 3 examples of my model of boat currently for sale (trying not to get slapped on wrist again by moderators, so no links), a year 2000 diesel model for £50k in the UK, now under offer after a week. A year 1999 petrol model located in mallorca for £30k, been for sale for a while. And mine a 2007 diesel, in mallorca for £42k.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Can you bring your Windy back to the UK? You’ve got till the end of the year without paying VAT… if it was VAT paid before 31/12/20 and you’re a UK tax resident….I think ??
Just for information from the Cruising Association.

HMRC has made a further revision to the VAT 'Returned Good Relief' (RGR) rules that now apply to yachts following the end of the Brexit transition period. The headline news is that the "grace period" allowed for the return of yachts from the EU to the UK without VAT being due has been extended from 31 December 2021 to 30 June 2022.

Mr Googler

Visit site
I called around brokers getting ideas for the value of my current boat.

Every single one was 30-40% more than what I realistically thought it was worth. Having said that….let’s see what it actually sells for.

In addition….my previous Sunseeker, which I sold 12 months ago, has just been put on the market for really crazy money. Talking to brokers used to be a good barometer for realistic prices but now you get the feeling they just need to get boats to list and as most sellers will go with the highest price, understandably….that keeps prices higher

oldgit

Visit site
Last week put a chap owning boat similar to mine in touch with somebody looking to buy one.
Seller and buyer got together immediately, deal was done in just over an hour, boat never got anywhere near the market and it sold above the asking prices for this boat on the internet.
No faffing no survey, boat is now being bought back from France to the UK on its own keel.
Buyer just simply totally fed up with the state of the market, seized the opportunity to get the type of boat he had been searching for.
Seller very happy, no broker. Buyer able to go boating before Xmas.

julians

Visit site
Looks like its not just the UK second hand boat market going nuts.

About 9-12 months ago I got a we buy any car valuation on the wifes Ford Kuga, they said theyd give me £13k for it. I've just done another valuation through them, and they will now give me £18.3 k for it.

So its not just portofinos ferraris that go up in value - the humble ford is also capable of it ;-)

Bonkers!

prinex

Visit site
I wonder if this is just the "cheaper" prices boats that experience such upwards price movement - under 100K Euro. Or is the same happening for 50+ foot boats ? I do have the impression that anything over 50' cost now 350.000 Euro does not matter what age / model.

My local broker tells me this upswing is just the beginning, there is a absolute shortage of boats on the market (specially 40-45", flybridge, and well cared for) and price will raise even more.

Megs20Burt!

Visit site
Looks like its not just the UK second hand boat market going nuts.

About 9-12 months ago I got a we buy any car valuation on the wifes Ford Kuga, they said theyd give me £13k for it. I've just done another valuation through them, and they will now give me £18.3 k for it.

So its not just portofinos ferraris that go up in value - the humble ford is also capable of it ;-)

Bonkers!
My sports car has gone up 50% in 2 years, we sold my wife’s car 2 months ago for the same money we paid for it 2 years earlier and this to a dealer!

The broker told us that our boat, bought last year would fetch at least 25% more than we paid for it if we wanted to sell it, he has a list of people cash ready waiting for boats to come on the market…

Momac

Visit site
There are issues with worldwide shortage of raw materials like steel resulting in price increases meaning new things like cars boats and buildings will cost more to produce or at the very least production is slowed or delayed.
At the same time much increased demand and shortage of labour resources.
Not a good thing and it seems likley to continue well into next year

MapisM

Visit site
If you are going to try and have a pop at least get the numbers right I have 11 Boats not 4.
Without entering into the ethics debate, which is a bit pretentious in a boating forum, I hope you don't mind if I wonder why you started this thread at all.
Are you looking forward to "sensible prices" because you regret not being yet able to tell that you have a dozen of the things? :oops: