Prices going down already me thinks

Fjord John

Visit site
Does seem like a better flow of boats to the market right now, some at ok prices. Just saw a Sealine SC29 come on at TBS at £76k and a Broom 34 at Boat Showrooms at £114k, both with generators and look good in pics.

prinex

Visit site
This other Pershing 52 2001 was also in offer for 330K, now just a small reduction to 220K (-110K) "price valid until End October". No mention of the usual "engine redone 2015", if this has Arneson (not even sure if the 52 had no-Arneson versions) ... not even sure what the price should be for a 20 y/o Pershing 52.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
This other Pershing 52 2001 was also in offer for 330K, now just a small reduction to 220K (-110K) "price valid until End October". No mention of the usual "engine redone 2015", if this has Arneson (not even sure if the 52 had no-Arneson versions) ... not even sure what the price should be for a 20 y/o Pershing 52.
That's a nice machine. Would scrub up very nicely.

Hot Property

Visit site
In the small boat market you are correct Dennis. Inflatables up to say 4 metres are now becoming available again and outboards to match them will soon appear.

The huge spike in prices of this type of boat is over.

However, bigger boats will probably continue to be in short supply as you can't mass produce them and ship hundreds in a 40 ft container!

So your bigger boat (s24?) will retain value along with your fletchers. ...

MapisM

Visit site
43 and 47 sounds like you're focused on Targas, but aren't you fed up with VP engines yet?
Anyway, if you fancy Pershings, at that size the 46 is the one to look for.
One of the few whose hull was designed for proper shafts, rather than headache-prone Arnesons.
Or you could check out the DP48 for something even better, of course... :)

Last edited:

prinex

Visit site
One of the few whose hull was designed for proper shafts, rather than headache-prone Arnesons.

The Arneson was the part I was attracted to and after 7 years with dph legs I feel everything would be better :) 3d cabin is a must for me, 47 is the one you have to walk on the people to get in and out of the boat, and both have the passerelle sticking out all the time...

MapisM

Visit site
The Arneson was the part I was attracted to and after 7 years with dph legs I feel everything would be better
I sympathize with your 7 years of troubles, but trust me: all of us who never owned Arneson boats feel the attraction towards them.
It's after you talk with someone who actually owned them, that the attraction evaporates... ;)

Portofino

Visit site
43 and 47 sounds like you're focused on Targas, but aren't you fed up with VP engines yet?
Anyway, if you fancy Pershings, at that size the 46 is the one to look for.
Or you could check out the DP48 for something even better, of course... :)
The 46 and 43 we glanced at a few .One iirc has the I6 mans -43 at 510 Hp L
The high gloss interior puts Mrs Porto off back then .As time + med Sun has gone by , you know what I think she has a point .

As far as Arnies they are indeed a huge step up in maintenance .Two counts .
1- the thing it’s self the rams submerged and other stuff .
2- the extra strain re EGT s overloading * on the motors .

* older modals lack EGT + load gauges .Also the hole shot , trim , aeration blend with speed issue = easy to over heat spike and blow or bust something on the engines .

Any perceived longer MpG gain on a long inter med island run at excess of 30 knots .….the fuel “ saving “ is blown on repair bills , diving bills , and Arnies maintenance.

Remember this P 56 ….whole rooster tail BEHIND me .
I was cruising @ 30 knots bang on 80 % load EGTs a steady 550/560 *C ……burning a wallet friendly 100L per side .

This P 56 just sat behind me for 2/3 bays until I pulled up to anchor .
Why is he not letting rip ?
A 60 ftr Riva or Itama from the same FG group tops 40 knots and easily cruises at mid thirties on shafts
I know because I have driven them .The I 62 tops 42 knots

You need a top engine service history and proper survey + sea trail to countenance a aged Pershing on Arnies .
A thick file of engine + drive bills .