Preveza airport advice/info please

brownsox

Visit site
Does anyone know how long before flight time you need to be at Preveza? Easyjet says "enough time to get through security". Captain thinks 2 hours like in London, to be on the safe side. Hand baggage only and I think it must be a small airport ...

B&M

Visit site
The queue to go through security at Preveza are normally quite short, however I do not believe they scan your boarding pass until you walk onto the plane at the gate. This might be an issue as the airline will not know until then that you intend to fly. Check with your airline their requirements.

Pasarell

Visit site
I flew out with Monarch on Wednesday and got there 90 minutes before departure. Longish queue for check in but moved very quickly so all done in 15 minutes, 5 minute queue for security so still waiting in departures for 40 minutes before the flight was called.

Crisby

Visit site
We've been flying in and out of Preveza for nearly 20 years and although it's a lot busier now we generally get there about 2 hours before, check in, drop off our bags and head over to Jimi's family taverna and sit there with a frappe under the olive trees until we see the aircraft land.
That gives us just enough time to head back, go through security and end up with about 10-15 mins in the cramped departure lounge. These days we even use flightradar on the iPad to track the inbound aircraft's arrival!

brownsox

Visit site
Thanks, everybody! Always interesting to hear people's views and experience.
I'll try Crisby's plan when we have bags but this time it was just hand baggage. We got there 90 mins ahead, straight through security, and waited ... But at least we got a seat, had a beer, not too bad.
I'm sure we could have arrived 45 mins before the flight and been fine.
It's cold in the UK!