Prettiest boat in your anchorage

Bouba

Visit site
We have booked a house at Annecy for a week in September. That's not far from Aix les Bains, so we must spend a day there.

I might even "take the waters". See if it will help my lumbago 😂
On our way home we stayed at Greoux les Bains...one of our favorite places....and the thermal spar is huge and very popular for ‘the cure’

Poignard

Visit site
Annecy is of course a superb place....more sophisticated and busier than Bouget....also Lac d’Annecy is smaller. For actual boating I recommend Lac du Bouget because of the size, ruggedness and beauty but also for the variety...leave the lake go down the canal (the clearest water you will ever see in a canal)...pass the village of Chanaz then go through the lock and go out on the river. It’s quite special...and I have in the past towed my own boat up there and have done it all.
But Lac d’Annecy is one of the greatest places in the world 😜😎
Looking forward to it. We are stopping off at Orleans for a couple of days on the way.

Alicatt

Visit site
On our way home we stayed at Greoux les Bains...one of our favorite places....and the thermal spar is huge and very popular for ‘the cure’
We have sampled the waters of Luxeuile-Les Bains a few times, a friend has a house in the hills not far from there in Fougerolles, very peaceful, and the local cherry liqueur Mmmm!
They also have a Jardin Secret de la Fée Verte where they grow the herbs for their Absinthe ... first time I had tasted that too... 75%abv no wonder you see fairies ;)