Prestige 36

ernestltd

Visit site
I am thinking of buying a Prestige 36 with KAD300 EVC. Used for a floating apartment/coastal cruiser/party boat.

Seems to tick all the boxes:
Flybridge
Shafts
Electronic controls
Shower stall
Not too big, not too small

Does anyone have any good/bad knowledge or experiences they could kindly share me with?

Thanks
Ern

Nigelpickin

www.cornishcottageholidays.co.uk
I am thinking of buying a Prestige 36 with KAD300 EVC. Used for a floating apartment/coastal cruiser/party boat.

Seems to tick all the boxes:
Flybridge
Shafts
Electronic controls
Shower stall
Not too big, not too small

Does anyone have any good/bad knowledge or experiences they could kindly share me with?

Thanks
Ern

There’s potential for delamination of the hull on these boats so a thorough survey of the hull inside and out is recommended.
Nice boats and a good value for the size.

Sneds

Visit site
Nice boat and very modern inside
This was my No2 choice when we upgraded two years ago the Sealine F36 was No1
We bought the Sealine, although five years older for the same money, the Sealine give you a little more space, especially in the saloon and aft deck sitting areas. Not to mention probably the biggest Flybridge you will get on a 36 footer
I would look at an F36 aswell, if none about, buy the Prestige, or an older Princess, ladder to the fly rather than the steps which are much better
Interesting that you mentioned the electronic throttles as that is was first drew me to one, then I discovered the F36 was similarly equipped
I suspect the 36ft Flybridge is one of the UK's most sought after craft, good luck with your search and keep us posted

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
Yes re hull. The bottom of the hull below waterline is grp laminated inside a mould, then coring (divinycell, airex or similar) is placed onto an adhesive, then a second Grp laminate is applied. Two things: the adhesive is susceptible to failing or not being done right in the first place, and a not-careful yard might crack/break the outer laminate when standing the boat on blocks. Both are significant; the first is massive. Imho make sure your surveyor checks for these things and that the survey report can be relied on and does not have get-out clauses.

MapisM

Visit site
Imho make sure your surveyor checks for these things and that the survey report can be relied on and does not have get-out clauses.
I"d rather follow a simpler approach, i.e. add "non-cored hull" to the OP tickboxes ... :)

Last edited:

Truro Ex Pat

Visit site
I had one and also had the problem with the Hull the surveyor would not admit liability and the boat was only 2 years old and in the end the factory took and repaired it but the finish was not great.
I sold to a Spanish guy who was advised of all the problems at a big discount!

Kawasaki

Visit site
The French mass produced boats
Fair play mostly they do what they say on the tin
Kinda!
Having helmed and delivered both the 32 and the 36
Taught peeps on them etc
I can report that they are 'ok' but not serious rough weather sea boats
'Yer Pays yer money' etc
Bang for bucks in so many ways, thats a given
Bang into a head sea , thats a given as well!
Not nocking the boats
Just relating my experience with them
Hourses for Courses and all that there

kashurst

Visit site
have a look at a rodman 38 (shaft drive) - much bigger similar length
not held together with sikaflex,
rodman build mostly military and commercial boats. they build their leisure boats for marines in hobnail boots to go on holiday in. in short - solid!
engine access is excellent

Last edited: