Pre packed boil in the bag type food recommendations?

doug748

Visit site
If someone from "Look What We Found" reads this, I hope at least they refer to post #7 before deciding who should get the complementary gift pack. :encouragement:
Richard

Maybe we should split it :).

As I reported in the Lounge, it is worth buying these products to read the warning on the packet:

WARNING: Pouch and contents will be hot following heating.

bbg

Visit site
FWIW the website I linked to has all kinds of brands, different kinds of meals (freeze dried, ready-made, self heating etc.) as well as nutritional advice.

It is more than just a store. It is a resource. And they ship worldwide.

http://en.lyophilise.fr

pvb

Visit site
If someone from "Look What We Found" reads this, I hope at least they refer to post #7 before deciding who should get the complementary gift pack. :encouragement:

After your comment "...we threw the final pack in the bin. It's virtually inedible!", you're probably not in any danger of receiving a free hamper of LWWF goodies!

nathanlee

Visit site
Both for myself on the boat and daughter doing DofE. Alternatively, how does one create ones own boil in a bag type food?

But late on this thread I suppose, but FWIW, I've tried a lot of these and Mountain House make some excellent examples. I found their food to be really quite tasty, whereas the standard dehydrated food stuffs are usually a bit horrid.
http://www.mountainhouse.eu/ - I know a graphic designer that was doing an advertising project with them and had boxes and boxes of samples which ended up in my possession, and then ultimately in my belly whence adventuring.

I looked in to making ones own freeze dried food, but the machines to do it are really bloomin' expensive. You could make one - they're not ever so complicated - but a bit excessive unless you plan on eating lots of this stuff.