Post Xmas sailing

janeK

Visit site
anybody interested in making up a crew
ok we are looking to get a the 42' yacht from Torquay Marina Wed 27th morning about 11-1200 hrs return 01.01 Monday pm.

The cost for the boat will be £115 per day x 6 days = £690 and the boat sleeps 5/6 - but coded for 8

So it would be £690 div 5 (5 + skipper) = £138 pp for 6 days - then if you add mooring fees & food approx £50-£60 pp on top

I sailed same time last year and it was great. But bring your thermals!!!!!

For those of you having to take time off work at least it'll be easy this year as the Wed, Thur, Fri (27th-29th) are the only 'working' days that Xmas week.

Anyway let me know

thanks

janeK

Visit site
Brendan this is a genuine question for your info. Those of you that have met me on the Cherbourg Runs would have known that

JaneK

BrendanS

Visit site
what is this fascination with number of posts. If I'd made the same comment with 15 posts to my name, would you have commented the same way?

janeK

Visit site
"Still not sure what you are trying to achieve"

............Trying to get out on the water over the Xmas period, having found a boat at very reasonable costs as not all of us are lucky enough to have are own boats.
I posted to see if anyone else would like to make up a group of like minded people and go sailing.

Does that help?

Pye_End

Visit site
Jane -

Don't be too concerned with getting side tracked.

Can you say roughly where you are thinking of going? Never sailed down that way but would like to sometime.

Also, what sort of boat is it?

davierobb

www.guesthouseprestwickayr.co.uk
Your right I would not have made the same comment if you had made only 15 posts but I would have tried to make the comment just as condescending.

Unfortunately some people on these forums are too quick with negative comments. I'm guessing they would not make the same comments in person but somehow use the anonymity that they find in the forums to exercise the darker side of their personalities.

Sixpence

Visit site
totally agree , but I think Brendan thought yours was a commercial post because you talk about money , maybe slightly different wording might have made it clearer but I take it you're just after renting a boat and sharing the costs with other like minded peeps so I don't think there'll be any more comments . Good luck to you and I wish I could join you , sounds better than my option

janeK

Visit site
Pye_end

Have sent you a pm with further details.

Trevera25

I don't know what your option is - but it sounds a bit daunting from your reply!!!

regards

janeK

Sixpence

Visit site
my options are xmas through new year with the in laws , swaps appreciated , she cooks a mean turkey , at least I think that's what it is , but I do know it's mean

janeK

Visit site
"Can you say roughly where you are thinking of going?"

Obviously weather/wind dependent, as its out of Torquay could be further SW or over to the CH Islands and France who knows its all in the lap of the gods, will have more of an idea nearer the date.

Will just feel the breeze as they say

Visit site
Asking the obvious question, 'cos I'm up late.....

Who's getting the free berth and free food? How come?

Girlies only? Honorary girlies?

Plans to raid Brixham and Teignmouth again? Or Dratmouth?

It gets dark at four, around the Winter Solstice. Planning any Saturnalias for the following 15 hours?
Not scrabble again, or su doku? Some wicca, perhaps, at -

The Yule Oak Grove

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

janeK

Visit site
Billbobaggins

the skipper is getting the free berth as he is coming 'free of charge' otherwise it would have been an additional charge of £120 per day!! Mind you he does chip in for the marina fees, he is letting us charter at a very reasonable rate.
No not to Tynemouth or Brixham further afield maybe towards Falmouth or across the channel as I said in an earlier post its all weather dependent nearer the date.

As for "Not scrabble again, or su doku? Some wicca, " when there are some good local hosteleries what do you think?

Sailing hrs yes I do realise that dusk is early so therefore some night sailing time will be involved where necessary.
No. not honorary girlies there are a few men interested also a couple of ladies but actual confirmation of free work dates are the issue at the moment and should be determined within the next 2 weeks. So am waiting to see?

Why are you interested in joining in?

JaneK

jonathankent

Visit site
I might be interested... fairly local to me, but could give a good opportunity to get some proper sailing in again... hardly had a chance this summer.

What type of boat is it?

Anybody else take you up on the offer?

janeK

Visit site
Full crew now, so thanks to those that contacted me.

Will post if another one comes up, maybe Easter!!! But that's not to say I won't be sailing over the winter cos IMHO its the best time to sail.