Portugal liveaboards and the vaccine

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Anyone else in our position, stranded in Portugal as coronavirus goes through the roof and going to miss their vaccination date in the UK?

We have residency, but have not managed to register with a doctor yet.

- W

starfire

Visit site
Spain said something along the lines of "everybody will get the vaccine, legal or not"

No mention of how they will contact the not quite legal's to get the jab.

Probably politician speak...

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Anyone else in our position, stranded in Portugal as coronavirus goes through the roof and going to miss their vaccination date in the UK?
We have residency, but have not managed to register with a doctor yet.
- W

Don't hold your breath, it's going to be quite a while. The population are angry as preference is being given to politicians, whether government or local.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Don't hold your breath, it's going to be quite a while. The population are angry as preference is being given to politicians, whether government or local.

Not entirely true.

Fire-fighters, police, and people over 50 with pre-existing conditions will start getting COVID-19 vaccinations from next week. MPs and government ministers will also get vaccinated from next week.

Do the Portuguese get angry?

- W

Graham376

Visit site
Not entirely true.
Fire-fighters, police, and people over 50 with pre-existing conditions will start getting COVID-19 vaccinations from next week. MPs and government ministers will also get vaccinated from next week.
Do the Portuguese get angry?
- W

The argument raging on national TV is that politicians are trying to get preferential treatment and one local mayor was interviewed trying to justify why he should be included.

Wren50

N/A
Visit site
We have residency, but have not managed to register with a doctor yet .

- W
Webby you have said on these forums that you are not prepared to register with a doctor in Portugal as you want to keep your doctor in the UK. Nothing to do with "not managed to register with a doctor yet".

nortada

Visit site
Webby you have said on these forums that you are not prepared to register with a doctor in Portugal as you want to keep your doctor in the UK. Nothing to do with "not managed to register with a doctor yet".

Welcome to the forum.

Nothing like sticking you head in the oven on your third post.

If indeed this is your third post, or are you a born again revamp❓?

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com

Oh I see, you know exactly what the situation is here do you?

Firstly, I said no such thing, feel free to find anywhere I did say that and post a quote to the post. I said I was not keen to fill in an S1 and so, theoretically, have to de-register with my UK GP. Several people have told me this is not an issue, but my intention was to try to register without an S1 first and only get an S1 if it becamew necessary,

We have friends on the same pontoon as us. She is Portuguese, he is English. Young folk - they have just had a baby - so an S1 does not come into it. Luisa's Mum is a doctor. In spite of being in an ideal position to get James registered with a doctor Luisa has been unable to. It is - at least in Cascais - a lot more difficult than getting residency.

So it is in fact everything to do with not having managed to register with a doctor yet.

- W

neil1967

Visit site
Oh I see, you know exactly what the situation is here do you?

Firstly, I said no such thing, feel free to find anywhere I did say that and post a quote to the post. I said I was not keen to fill in an S1 and so, theoretically, have to de-register with my UK GP. Several people have told me this is not an issue, but my intention was to try to register without an S1 first and only get an S1 if it becamew necessary,

We have friends on the same pontoon as us. She is Portuguese, he is English. Young folk - they have just had a baby - so an S1 does not come into it. Luisa's Mum is a doctor. In spite of being in an ideal position to get James registered with a doctor Luisa has been unable to. It is - at least in Cascais - a lot more difficult than getting residency.

So it is in fact everything to do with not having managed to register with a doctor yet.

- W
We registered in Cascais in about May 20 - took around 3 weeks; however, if you have to attend hospital and you don't have a 'Utente' they will issue one on the spot - as a friend found out today.

dslittle

Visit site
Perhaps the problem might go away when Webby gets his wish for an Independent Scotland which is part of the EU...
Head firmly in oven and blue touch paper well lit!!!

andyc352

Visit site
I’ve extracted the information below from the Portugal Coronavirus updates Facebook group. I’ve found them to provide timeous information in English throughout:

28.01.2021. 12h32 Non-SNS users must register for Covid vaccination. The Working Group on the vaccination plan against covid-19 today presents the update of the National Plan.

Users who are not followed by the National Health Service (SNS) will have to register for vaccination against covid-19 in a form made available by the authorities on the internet.

According to the information provided at Vacinação - COVID-19 , which explains all stages of the vaccination plan against coovid-19, health authorities ask citizens to wait until they are contacted by health services, but say that users not followed in the National Health Service (SNS) and health professionals "in isolated practice and who are not registered in a professional order" should register in a specific form, which is yet to be made available.

In the third phase, the rest of the population will be vaccinated on a date to be determined.

Wren50

N/A
Visit site
Webby you clearly said this here

Portuguese residency - current situation - advice needed
17th November
I agree with Nortada, an S1 could cause complications in the UK so best not if you can avoid it.

You claim that is not the case in your recent rant, then admit it in your recent reply a few lines in to the message, talk about dancing on a pinhead!

You have not registered with the Portuguese health system after getting your residency certificate mid November, 70 days ago. OK take off 2 weeks for xmas etc and that is over 50 days you have not registered for your Portuguese health details.
You also say on your dancing on a pinhead rant that, "Luisa has been unable to. It is - at least in Cascais - a lot more difficult than getting residency. "

Therefore, because it is more difficult to get the health stuff done locally, that you only have heard about in the last week, you have waited 50 days and done nothing yet. Seems you are not prepared to try to register for your health facilities in Portugal as you are specifically not prepared to be deregistered from your UK doctor.

nortada

Visit site
Webby you clearly said this here

Portuguese residency - current situation - advice needed
17th November
I agree with Nortada, an S1 could cause complications in the UK so best not if you can avoid it.

You claim that is not the case in your recent rant, then admit it in your recent reply a few lines in to the message, talk about dancing on a pinhead!

You have not registered with the Portuguese health system after getting your residency certificate mid November, 70 days ago. OK take off 2 weeks for xmas etc and that is over 50 days you have not registered for your Portuguese health details.
You also say on your dancing on a pinhead rant that, "Luisa has been unable to. It is - at least in Cascais - a lot more difficult than getting residency. "

Therefore, because it is more difficult to get the health stuff done locally, that you only have heard about in the last week, you have waited 50 days and done nothing yet. Seems you are not prepared to try to register for your health facilities in Portugal as you are specifically not prepared to be deregistered from your UK doctor.

Wren as you quote me above, I will respond.

But first, clearly you are not the newby you claim to be so who are you and what is your case❓

Hope you are not contravening T&Cs?

Here in Liveaboard Link we try to help each other. Based on your comments above, I would cordially suggest you are posting in the wrong place so why not try one of the Registered Users Only Forums❓

You will find plenty of punch-ups in there.

Last edited:

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Seems you are not prepared to try to register for your health facilities in Portugal as you are specifically not prepared to be deregistered from your UK doctor.

If a highly intelligent friend with a Portuguese wife and a MIL who is a doctor has been unable to find a way through the maze in the current situation here then I have surmised, quite logically, that there is no point in me trying to right now. It is nothing to do with the S1 issue, as no-one has asked me for one.

In case you haven't been keeping up, the Portuguese health service is currently overwhelmed with the highest Covid infection and death rate per head of population in the world. While there are queues of ambulances full of Covid victims gasping for breath outside Lisbon hospitals I felt pestering the local health centre or Cascais hospital was not a priority, or indeed even safe.

But then I guess that is just more pinhead dancing.

Anyway, to the main issue here as I see it.

This forum is, as Nortada said, a pleasant place where people are mutually supportive, probably not your kind of place at all.

Have you not heard of Civil Discourse?

Next post from you making uninformed and irrelevant personal attacks on me on Liveaboard gets reported, capiche?

- W

Last edited:

Graham376

Visit site
you have waited 50 days and done nothing yet. Seems you are not prepared to try to register for your health facilities in Portugal as you are specifically not prepared to be deregistered from your UK doctor.

I used UK EHIC for 40+ years for treatment here, there was/is no requirement to register in the health system. What's your problem, just another troll?