Portugal Fishing Licence

Visit site
Can anyone advise the cost (regional, onshore and boat )and if a visitor with a non Portugal debit card can obtain a licence at a Multibanco?

Thank you,

M.

I presume that you mean sea fishing ? A boat licence for two rods is €12 p month or €50 annual. You can buy via multibanco with Visa but its a lot easier to go to the Capitania where you can also learn about local restrictions . Remember that when fishing everyone above deck must wear an LJ.

Last edited:

greeny

Visit site
Anyone without at least basic portuguese language will find it difficult to buy at the multibanco. The different categories of license and areas covered are not easily understood. The last time i took a friend to buy one at multibanco machine with a british bank visa card it proved impossible for us as it would not accept the british card, i had to use my portuguese bank card to buy it for him. This was 2 years ago, maybe things have changed.
Good advise is to go to the capitania and ask there.

maxi77

Visit site
Certainly as of the beginning of this month the only function you can access at a Multibanco machine with a non Portuguese card is withdraw cash