Poo Poll

Do you put your toilet paper in your sea toilet and flush into the sea?

• No. I put it in a separate bin and remove from the boat.

Votes: 83 45.4%
  • Yes. It's just toilet paper and it will biodegrade.

Votes: 99 54.1%
  • No. But I do put it over the side.

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Poignard

Visit site
Having nothing better to do one day I got my wife to pump a few pieces of lavatory paper out of the heads and, stationing myself at the starboard shrouds, I watched what came out. The paper (Andrex Classic which, to my certain knowledge, she had not previously digested) came out as a white cloud of minute pieces, having been very effectively shredded during its passage through the joker valve.

Last edited:

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Having nothing better to do one day I got my wife to pump a few pieces of lavatory paper out of the heads and, stationing myself at the starboard shrouds, I watched what was came out. The paper (Andrex Classic which, to my certain knowledge, she had not previously digested) came out as a white cloud of minute pieces, having been very effectively shredded during its passage through the joker valve.

Thats exactly what I found with my Lavac and my converted Jabsco both with an electric diaphragm pump

Refueler

Visit site
No mines where we were.

Flying out one time ... there was a queue at airport check-in ... nice and orderly until the UNHCR mob arrived ... who barged way to the front and demanded to be checked in ahead of everyone ....

Well hang on pal ... I'm not one for this sort of crap ...

Excuse me - get to back of Queue ... if I can wait - so can you ...

WE are UNHCR Officials and we should be checked in first ...

Hey UNHCR guys - where were you in the villages and the front line .. didn't see you there ... but of course I bet your Land Cruisers are suitably muddy for the camera's ... GET TO BL***Y BACK where you belong ...
Everyone by then was clapping and cheering me on !! Even the check in girls were laughing at them ... and they REFUSED to check them in till the queue was done !!

In the departure lounge ... a couple of them came over and actually apologised and we got chatting about where I'd been and the Gunship rides etc. I had getting in out of jobs.
Of course the real quiet guys out there were the 'ex SBS / SAS' who were there to protect certain interests .... who I was working with.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Having nothing better to do one day I got my wife to pump a few pieces of lavatory paper out of the heads and, stationing myself at the starboard shrouds, I watched what was came out. The paper (Andrex Classic which, to my certain knowledge, she had not previously digested) came out as a white cloud of minute pieces, having been very effectively shredded during its passage through the joker valve.
Bit posh you! Pingo Doce finest for us!

Old Bumbulum

Visit site
Oh Dear ... Angola ... Rwnada ... Cabinda ..... brings back memories ...
Africa!
Blocked Baby Blakes pale into insignificance if, like some poor nurse years ago in Lokichoggio, Kenya (very remote aid camp and airfield on the Sudan border) you are sitting on the long-drop latrine with your keks around your ankles contemplating life in the fast lane and light up a fag. The fag wasn't the problem, but the match she dropped down the 'ole she was sitting over was...
She was desperately badly burned.
Kinda puts our problems into perspective, doesn't it?

Beneteau381

Visit site
Flying out one time ... there was a queue at airport check-in ... nice and orderly until the UNHCR mob arrived ... who barged way to the front and demanded to be checked in ahead of everyone ....

Well hang on pal ... I'm not one for this sort of crap ...

Excuse me - get to back of Queue ... if I can wait - so can you ...

WE are UNHCR Officials and we should be checked in first ...

Hey UNHCR guys - where were you in the villages and the front line .. didn't see you there ... but of course I bet your Land Cruisers are suitably muddy for the camera's ... GET TO BL***Y BACK where you belong ...
Everyone by then was clapping and cheering me on !! Even the check in girls were laughing at them ... and they REFUSED to check them in till the queue was done !!

In the departure lounge ... a couple of them came over and actually apologised and we got chatting about where I'd been and the Gunship rides etc. I had getting in out of jobs.
Of course the real quiet guys out there were the 'ex SBS / SAS' who were there to protect certain interests .... who I was working with.
The, what we call "woke" today, gang that used to pi ss me of were the Save the Children lot, again as you say Land Cruisers, theirs were white. Playing at saving the world in their then equivalent of a gap year!
In the meantime we got on with the job!
Flying in to Luanda on UTA or Sabena was an eye opener with first class and business oversubscribed. Most of them were NGOs!

Refueler

Visit site

Another good book is the one written by ex Waffen SS sergeant who was French Foreign Legion in Vietnam ... describes in detail how they exacted same tactics on the Vietcong as they used ... till support from French Govt was stopped ...

Can't remember title though ...

Another is about the Russian Gulag prisoners formed into Penal Companys by Stalin ... die of starvation in Gulag or fight and maybe survive. They scavenged for food ... guns / ammunition ... even down to one guy in each group keeping a flame alive in a jar for survival ... they fought inside and past German lines ... picking of stragglers and officers they found. Survival in its grimmest form.

Refueler

Visit site
The, what we call "woke" today, gang that used to pi ss me of were the Save the Children lot, again as you say Land Cruisers, theirs were white. Playing at saving the world in their then equivalent of a gap year!
In the meantime we got on with the job!
Flying in to Luanda on UTA or Sabena was an eye opener with first class and business oversubscribed. Most of them were NGOs!

Never forget I had a night to lose before flying out one time instead of straight to airport ... so they put e up in the hotel along the seafront ... Royale ?

Anyway ... sat down in restaurant ... waiter comes with Menu ...

I'll have ... xxxxx

No - we have not today ..

Ok - I'll have ...

No we have not today ...

Ok .. what about ...

No we have not today ...

What do you have ?

Whatever it was - it was hardly recognisable and inedible !!

Beneteau381

Visit site
I don't see what's wrong with the Islamic teapot'n'lefty approach.
Working in the desert in Egypt, Zeit Bay for those in the know, I built another camp there. Porta Cabin, Brit, ordinary toilets that we all know. The Egyptians werent happy, no way to wash their bums. I invented a bit of 1/4" bent stainless instrument techy pipe with a little valve on. Connected it to the mains water supply and hooked it over the rim. Bent it at a suitable angle. They were in heaven, if you can picture it, angle of dangle just right pointing up. Finish the biz, turn tap, nice jet of cool water to wash the chocolate starfish! But then the higher ups got to thinking, Egyptian mindset, them and us! So a mixer tap was introduced, warm wishy washy for them! You couldnt make it up!

Poignard

Visit site
In Chatham dockyard the ' facilities ' for we ratings comprised a row of cubicles each equipped with a bench with a large hole in it. Below these benches was a sloping trough with a continual flow of water passing along it which flushed the offerings away to some convenient drain (probably the Medway).

A nice trick, if you like practical jokes, was to set fire to a bundle of newspaper and drop it into the trough upstream. The howls of pain and outrage as the fireball made it sway downstream were music to the ear, and perpetrator had plenty of time to make his escape before the victims, being incommoded by having their trousers round their ankles, could exact retribution.

Refueler

Visit site
Working in the desert in Egypt, Zeit Bay for those in the know, I built another camp there. Porta Cabin, Brit, ordinary toilets that we all know. The Egyptians werent happy, no way to wash their bums. I invented a bit of 1/4" bent stainless instrument techy pipe with a little valve on. Connected it to the mains water supply and hooked it over the rim. Bent it at a suitable angle. They were in heaven, if you can picture it, angle of dangle just right pointing up. Finish the biz, turn tap, nice jet of cool water to wash the chocolate starfish! But then the higher ups got to thinking, Egyptian mindset, them and us! So a mixer tap was introduced, warm wishy washy for them! You couldnt make it up!

I heard a similar story for a Ladies unit ... that some bright eyed lass incorporated a strong and lesser jet but aimed elsewhere ....

Beneteau381

Visit site
S
Never forget I had a night to lose before flying out one time instead of straight to airport ... so they put e up in the hotel along the seafront ... Royale ?

Anyway ... sat down in restaurant ... waiter comes with Menu ...

I'll have ... xxxxx

No - we have not today ..

Ok - I'll have ...

No we have not today ...

Ok .. what about ...

No we have not today ...

What do you have ?

Whatever it was - it was hardly recognisable and inedible !!
Similar story, a Mid West Geologist came in, never been out of the States before. He stayed in the same hotel, told me he asked for "Eggs over easy" and got fish head and rice! I had to gently explain to him that first of all the guy wouldnt have spoke english, especially his version, and even if he did, eggs over easy? what does that mean?