Polish yacht registration in Spain

cargar12

Visit site
Greetings. Canadian here looking to register a sailboat that is located in Spain (and registered there) under Polish flag.
Can anyone recommend a reputable agency?
Gracias.
Carlos

billskip

Visit site
Confused ...

You are Canadian
Boat is in Spain
Registry is Polish

So what registry do you want to change it to ?
I read it to mean the boat is in Spain and under a Spanish flag registration, and wants to change to Polish flag. The reason could be to get away from the Spanish regulations, but whatever reason, it will have to be removed from Spanish registration first, also there will be 'tax' that he will have to pay on purchase

cargar12

Visit site
I read it to mean the boat is in Spain and under a Spanish flag registration, and wants to change to Polish flag. The reason could be to get away from the Spanish regulations, but whatever reason, it will have to be removed from Spanish registration first, also there will be 'tax' that he will have to pay on purchase
Yes, thank you — those are the facts. I was not aware of a purchase tax on the buyer — will have to add that to my list of things to manage. With so many online sites for Polish registration, hard to determine who I can rely on.

billskip

Visit site
Yes, thank you — those are the facts. I was not aware of a purchase tax on the buyer — will have to add that to my list of things to manage. With so many online sites for Polish registration, hard to determine who I can rely on.
The sale of cars and boats etc in Spain are subject to a tax which is payable by the purchaser...I believe its a % of the purchase price.

Laminar Flow

Visit site
The registration is not a problem - the boat can be registered in Canada, if you meet the criteria. Ours is.

For a Polish registry you must have an EU address.

The problem you will encounter is that no Canadian company will insure your boat in Europe, at least not at a price one could possibly afford.

The only way to get European insurance is to have an European address. This must be shown on the vessel's registry. Fortunately, you can have a Non-Canadian address on a Canadian registry. Without insurance you basically can't operate the boat, keep her in a marina or visit one for that matter.

Don't ask me how I know.

For keeping the boat in the EU you must demonstrate that VAT has been paid or is deemed paid. We had the opportunity to jump through a few burning hoops to satisfy the local customs.