-= Please advise on new ship...

Visit site
I have been known to wash down my superyacht occasionally. My motive is chiefly to remove salt from the fittings to delay corrosion. Additionally, it may help to reduce the amount of salt that gets inside. The teak deck and hull can look after itself.

So the deck and hull need no cleaning at all if I am sailing on my ship for couple of years in salty waters?

Visit site
I have been known to wash down my superyacht occasionally. My motive is chiefly to remove salt from the fittings to delay corrosion. Additionally, it may help to reduce the amount of salt that gets inside. The teak deck and hull can look after itself.

So my superyacht is around 50 meters. WIll take time to wash. Do you have picture of your superyacht please?

Quandary

Visit site
Thrifty, I do not think he has a superyacht, or at least one like yours, in fact I think you are the only contributor to this forum with a 50m. superyacht, that is why we all so impressed.
Surprised you have not let us see your photos yet?

pvb

Visit site

vas

Visit site
I'm as disappointed as you are. I'm not sure he should be allowed on the internet without supervision (and I can think of one or two others in that category).

yeah, go on you lot and you'll end up only having anchor threads in here :p
comeon, it's winter, it's fun (occasionally at least)

V.

pvb

Visit site
More the merrier,you can have a selection of anchours and from the bridge deck a little plaque would indicate which anchour to launch depending on type of bottom........it is a super yacht !

I think we know what type of bottom thrifty is interested in! ;)

vas

Visit site
More the merrier,you can have a selection of anchours and from the bridge deck a little plaque would indicate which anchour to launch depending on type of bottom........it is a super yacht !
a s/y means you utilise existing h/w & s/w that would get input from the down/side/whatever view sounders as well as wind data and automatically decide on which anchor to drop and what scope, simples.