Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Sucessor 1 adult and 2 kids
Lazy Kipper 2 adults and 2 kids
Laurin 3 or 4 adults, 2 kids
Full Circle 4 adults, 1 mini pirate
Nortada 2 adults both with a great suntan

Sorry folks Alchemist not coming. Mini pirates dropped out and replaced with 'boys' weekend instead.

Hope it isn't as wet as forecast.

nigelm

Visit site
Just wondering why due to very dire forcast and dwindling number of boats why this doesn't get moved to another weekend , I know I'm not taking my own boat and was hoping to cadge a ride on another , which I can't do now anyway due a family mercy run to Lincs and back on Saturday , but would still like to go if this happend ...

nortada

Visit site
Just wondering why due to very dire forcast and dwindling number of boats why this doesn't get moved to another weekend , I know I'm not taking my own boat and was hoping to cadge a ride on another , which I can't do now anyway due a family mercy run to Lincs and back on Saturday , but would still like to go if this happend ...

Sitting here in The Backwaters must admit it isn't very nice. Very heavy showers in a cold northwesterly which is too strong for a BBQ so would be all for a postponement possibly until after the kids breakup so as to get round the school problem?

Laurin

Visit site

Last year people requested term time as most go away in summer. I've got 2 very excited kids so it will take a lot to stop us. Just waiting to hear from Lazy Kipper what the situation is at Fox's. we're a man down so it's not going to be an easy trip for us but we'll be there if other kids are.

ChattingLil

Visit site
Last year people requested term time as most go away in summer. I've got 2 very excited kids so it will take a lot to stop us. Just waiting to hear from Lazy Kipper what the situation is at Fox's. we're a man down so it's not going to be an easy trip for us but we'll be there if other kids are.

Karen - I would have loved to come with you if you are man down, but it's too late notice for me now. If the date changes - or we do another and you are short-handed, just let me know. Mind you, if it's later in they year, I might be able to get more time off work and bring Ocean Lady.

Laurin

Visit site
Karen - I would have loved to come with you if you are man down, but it's too late notice for me now. If the date changes - or we do another and you are short-handed, just let me know. Mind you, if it's later in they year, I might be able to get more time off work and bring Ocean Lady.

Doh! Should have offered you a berth anyway. Chris only called off at lunchtime so we've had no time to think. Not leaving until the early hours if you could make it

Laurin

Visit site
Ok, so slight change of plan. Stone point looking just too hard from a sleep deprivation point of view now we are down a crew member so Lazy Kipper and Laurin will be pirating at Wrabness. All welcome to join, we'll be there between 4 and 5pm, Lazy Kipper a little earlier. Sorry to mess you about!

nortada

Visit site
Ok, so slight change of plan. Stone point looking just too hard from a sleep deprivation point of view now we are down a crew member so Lazy Kipper and Laurin will be pirating at Wrabness. All welcome to join, we'll be there between 4 and 5pm, Lazy Kipper a little earlier. Sorry to mess you about!

Regret, change has come too late for Hageso.

Hope you have a good evening & will be thinking of you.

Tomahawk

Visit site
Eact coast meeting rule no one.... There are no rules
East Coast meeting rule two... If in doubt refer to rule 1.

We can arrange a second weekend, or even a third if we want to... I would like come along so a second weekend will be good.......

nortada

Visit site
East Coast Meeting Rule 3. if still in doubt repair to the bar!

Sod's Law. Beautiful evening, perfect for A BBQ at Stone Point so yes let's try again before the summer ends.

Pick a date & God & weather willing Hageso will be there.

Like the idea of Wrabness as an alternative & had there been more warning, we could have made it this weekend.

Unfortunately, Hageso is an old lady with a small engine so unless the wind is kind, to make Wrabness we need to leave the Walton Pond to arrive at Harwich around low water & take the flood up the Stour.

So to dates; let's make it before the evenings really start to draw in. As oldies we are fairly free agents so leave it to others who have further to go & strapped for time to suggest.

Last edited:

Gitane

Visit site
Agree about the weather. Nice here in Maldon also, but rain is on its way according to the weather forecast unfortunately.

Weekend of Aug 9th is probably best tide wise for folks coming from Blackwater, Crouch, Thames, Medway and from Stour/Orwell, but an early (hung over??) start on Sunday. Next best weekend Aug 2nd, but maybe a very early start Saturday for some, but a respectably timed start on Sunday.

Gitane

Laurin

Visit site
Agree about the weather. Nice here in Maldon also, but rain is on its way according to the weather forecast unfortunately.

Weekend of Aug 9th is probably best tide wise for folks coming from Blackwater, Crouch, Thames, Medway and from Stour/Orwell, but an early (hung over??) start on Sunday. Next best weekend Aug 2nd, but maybe a very early start Saturday for some, but a respectably timed start on Sunday.

Gitane

What about bank holiday weekend to tie in with clacton air show?

Colvic Watson

Visit site
Great day, Laurin's skippers and crew were a delight to spend and afternoon and evening with. Trail of clues led to a pirate chest of goodies; back to the pirate ships for some grog while the mini pirates watched Frozen - who'd have guessed :rolleyes:

Very hot day on the sand and Wrabness has no awkward tidal access issues. Grand day out Gromit, thanks to Laurin for organising things.