Pin mill swinging mooring

Sandmartinhunter

Visit site
Just wondered if pin mill was an all tide option as on Sunday afternoon it is low tide and wondered if you could get to the deep water moorings ?
i only have C1 map and it doesn’t give me depths, which I imagine has changed
Coming from south docks to Southend on Saturday and Southend to pin mill Sunday
Thanks

fredrussell

Visit site
Plenty of all-tide moorings at Pin Mill. This time of year you’ll have the pick of them. The ones on Pin Mill side of river (on the edge of the channel,obvs) between pin mill and woolverstone marina are the deepest.

Plum

Visit site
I just wanted to make sure I could get up the river with LW at 15.44 and only .8m
Hi, you certainly could get to Pin Mill moorings but, in my opinion, if you only have the Imray C1 chart you do not have the correct charts to make that passage safely. I assume you will have the appropriate charts once you get on board.

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

Last edited:

PeterWright

Visit site
You'll have no trouble getting your boat to the mooring at low water, but you may find that you will get a bit muddy getting out of your tender on to Pin Mill hard at low water. Tempting though the butt and Oyster may be, I would wait until a couple of hours of flood have flowed before heading for the shore.

Aquaboy

Visit site
tea time tide on Sunday, wont be very big but you should be alright on the Pontoon for a few hours (Dinghy)

Sandmartinhunter

Visit site
You'll have no trouble getting your boat to the mooring at low water, but you may find that you will get a bit muddy getting out of your tender on to Pin Mill hard at low water. Tempting though the butt and Oyster may be, I would wait until a couple of hours of flood have flowed before heading for the shore.
I got muddy wellies ! It was just getting dark