Oxalic Acid vs Sulphamic Acid

oldgit

Visit site
Seems impossible to buy Oxalic Acid on ebay.
Now they all want to sell me Sulphanic Acid.

For the hard of understanding is it.............................................
Just as good and will it do the same job ie. get rid of the brown staining on the hull of my glassfibre boat.
Answers in simple and easy to understand language please.
Intend mixing it with washing up liquid to get it to stay on the sides of hull.

kieron riley

Visit site
You can just use any Limescale remover toilet cleaner , it’s already quite thick and sticks to the hull use a dry cloth to apply no need to rub or scrub just apply and stand back and watch , as if by magic that brown stain disappears, then wash off with clean water, it also removes any rust stains. Wear gloves as it will sting biz of your skin , particularly around your finger nails

Farmer Piles

Visit site
Our local chandler, Macsalvors, sells tubs of oxalic acid crystals - daresay others do. I know that it is not a cheap way to do it, but I bought Y10 as it is so easy to use, I don't use much and it was there in front of me in the chandlers.

VicS

Visit site
Seems impossible to buy Oxalic Acid on ebay.
Now they all want to sell me Sulphanic Acid.

For the hard of understanding is it.............................................
Just as good and will it do the same job ie. get rid of the brown staining on the hull of my glassfibre boat.
Answers in simple and easy to understand language please.
Intend mixing it with washing up liquid to get it to stay on the sides of hull.

The reason that it is more difficult to buy than it once was is because oxalic acid in its crystal form is now classified as a regulated poison and is no longer available for sale to the general public. Businesses and professional users can still purchase oxalic acid in crystal form. The general public can buy solutions of oxalic acid

Sulfamic acid will not remove rust stains as effectively as oxalic acid but it is a good de-scaler and may well remove the brown waterline stain.

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
I bought my tub a while back, about 5 liters, I guess when it’s gone, that’s it, back to expensive consumer solutions.

kieron riley

Visit site
Don’t know why you are all still looking for oxalic, the very cheap and easy solution is as I have already mentioned . Limescale removing toilet cleaner . Harpic other makes are available , it genuinely works , I’ve used it for over twenty years on my long keel MG 30 . It’s on a swing mooring in a river where it lies over on every tide leaving half moon dreadful brown stains on the hull . Harpic leaves it like new every time