Owners websites?

bob26

www.tridentlottie.com
I'm thinking about creating a website about refitting my boat and wondered if anyone here has done this or seen any owners websites they admired?

It would be really helpful if you could post a link to any sites devoted to an owners boat or provide any advice on how you went about yours. I'm contemplating using Wordpress.

Sites like this one perhaps:

http://www.yachtorla.com/

V1701

Visit site
I've just built one using moonfruit and am very happy with it, it's to sell the boat. Think about your content (text/images, etc.), how you want it to be structured/organised on the site (menus, submenus, navigation). Then pick a free service (there are plenty) and a template that is amenable to your content & structure...

bob26

www.tridentlottie.com
I've just built one using moonfruit and am very happy with it, it's to sell the boat. Think about your content (text/images, etc.), how you want it to be structured/organised on the site (menus, submenus, navigation). Then pick a free service (there are plenty) and a template that is amenable to your content & structure...

Thanks for this good advice. It was to help my thinking about content that I am rather keen to see some others to learn from. Any chance of a peek at yours....?

Orla

www.yachtorla.com
Do you know Lord and Lady MacDonald or did you just like the site - or did you pick it at random. :)

PS - he's not really a Lord although she is very much a lady of course.

:) Who says im not a Lord.....:eek:

You are right on one point the Lady is very much a Lady, very lucky Lord....

I looked at quite a few content management sites and decided to try wordpress, probebly does a lot more than I can manage, not to difficult to use....

V1701

Visit site
Thanks for this good advice. It was to help my thinking about content that I am rather keen to see some others to learn from. Any chance of a peek at yours....?

Here you go, it's very simple though, no sub menus, just my content and a few external links that open in a new browser window. You can see the difference between this one and the other moonfruit one just using a different template...

bob26

www.tridentlottie.com
Here you go, it's very simple though, no sub menus, just my content and a few external links that open in a new browser window. You can see the difference between this one and the other moonfruit one just using a different template...

Many thanks - the site looks very nice to me. And a great way to sell your boat I would think. How many brokers provide this much information? But so often one drives hundreds of miles to check out a boat for sale on the basis of virtually no detailed information.

Ceirwan

Visit site
Americans love their boat restorations.
This is the best I've found, he does it for a living and keeps a daily log of all work done, everything to a very high standard. There are at least 10+ restorations documented:

http://www.northernyacht.com/

Andy Austin

Visit site
I'm thinking about creating a website about refitting my boat and wondered if anyone here has done this or seen any owners websites they admired?

It would be really helpful if you could post a link to any sites devoted to an owners boat or provide any advice on how you went about yours. I'm contemplating using Wordpress.

Sites like this one perhaps:

http://www.yachtorla.com/

I can really recommend Wordpress.

Are you going to put your site's link up here Bob? I'd like to see it when its done.