Over Wintering near Split

silver-fox

yacht.silverfox.googlepages.com
I am planning to leave my boat in a Marina near Split from October to March inclusive.
She is 12.7m LOA and draws 1.85m
I have had recommended as safe places: -
Kremik marina
Marina marina
Milna marina (Brac)

Can anybody advise on which one I should choose and what sort of costs to expect?

I won't stay on the boat so safety/security are more important than community on this occasion.

Many thanks

RupertW

Visit site
Marina is closest to the airport and small but sheltered. It used to have a very bad reputation for being arbitrary about foreign boats which went from welcome to kicked out with two weeks notice and welcome again. Probably fine now.
Milna I like a lot to visit but is a ferry from the airport.
Kremik I know best as we kept the boat their for 4 years until moving last Easter. For 3 of the 4 winters we didn't visit from September to April and the boat was fine. Very very professional and helpful marina, even if staff a bit taciturn.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
I am planning to leave my boat in a Marina near Split from October to March inclusive.
She is 12.7m LOA and draws 1.85m
I have had recommended as safe places: -
Kremik marina
Marina marina
Milna marina (Brac)

Can anybody advise on which one I should choose and what sort of costs to expect?

I won't stay on the boat so safety/security are more important than community on this occasion.

Many thanks

The marina at Marina village is called Marina Agana. We were there for 4 years but everyone had to move out when Sunsail /The Moorings leased the entire marina as their Croatian base from 1st January 2014. You will not be able to get a mooring there.

I'm writing this from Marina Kremik which I can recommend. The staff are very helpful and the boats are well-watched in winter and extra lines put on etc if a storm blows up, although the marina is well-sheltered and did not suffer too badly in the March storms (200 kph winds) whereas Marina Agana had several damaged Sunsail boats and one motorboat was destroyed. Facilities are good although no laundrette or wi-fi (unless you are near the restaurant) which Agana did have.

There is another large marina between just west of Trogir which is even closer to the airport (avoid Trogir Marina itself) called Marina Baotic in Seget Donji which looks very good when I've sailed past but I think is more expensive than Kremik.

Marina Kremik has a chandlery, restaurant and supermarket but all are functional rather than being excellent. However, the service yard seems to be pretty competent although sometimes "Mediterranean" in their time-keeping. However, you will find that everywhere where the sun is hot.

Any questions, please ask as although RupertW has left Braehouse and I are still here (literally, at the moment)

Richard