Over wintering in Corsica or W Italy Coast

Jim Massey

Visit site
I am looking to over winter my Bowman 40 on the hard in Corsica, but I am told that I haven't got a chance. Otherwise I'll head to the W Italian Coast. Any advice where I might try?

jfm

Visit site
I am looking to over winter my Bowman 40 on the hard in Corsica, but I am told that I haven't got a chance. Otherwise I'll head to the W Italian Coast. Any advice where I might try?
Friend of mine just overwintered 62 foot mobo on the hard in Propriano. Said it was good and easy. Done via the Propriano capitainerie

I know its not where you asked, but Bleumer Marine in Villeneuve Loubet and Arie De Boom in La Rague both do hard standing over wintering for 40 footers. And as I'm sure you know, Port de Napolean do, but that's 200nm from where you're asking about. Poster adey on mobo just relaunched his 37-er after a period of ashore storage at Bleumer marine so you might want to post on his thread and ask for more detail http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?433025-2-day-cruise-report-Antibes-to-Marseille-(pics). Sorry if, with the suggestions in this para, I'm too far from the location you wanted

blenkinsop

Visit site
Look at Fiumicino. Adjacent to Rome airport.
There are several small, basic, inexpensive yards. See Noonsite for more detail.
We stayed at Nautico Albula for a week or so to have some engine work done. Very friendly