Orca attack

doug748

Visit site
Impressive that you know that a limited cull would stop the behaviour resurfacing - but, hey, if you kill enough orcas....!

Do the Japanese eat orcas? I didn't think they did. I very much doubt that any whale killed in European waters would be consumed anywhere - and even the Japanese hardly eat whale meat.

Obviously, the threat to orca life would rather definitely appear under your "plan"!

Luckily, they are heavily protected, so a cull is extremely unlikely.

As you say, it sorted the buffalo problem out in North America.

Anyways you are a bit too gold plated to be true, I think you just might have your little fishing rod out.

1725263224369.png

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Maybe we're in the minority posting here but you obviously know nothing about the local's feelings and what they would like to see happen.
I'm not sure one or two agitated posters on a UK yachting forum constitutes the entirety of the "local's" opinions.

I suspect even the majority of people living wherever you class as "local" would not support the Captain's "Burst 'em" campaign.

Of course, nature & the environment is our shared global heritage - people all over the world get involved in campaigns whether they are distant or closer to.

And, in any case, who really is a local? I've been within about 70nm of an attack site so far this year (and seen a couple of orcas). I'm crewing on a boat heading that way (probably) later in the year. When, in your opinion, am I allowed to hold an opinion?

capnsensible

Visit site
Er, but you're the most agitated poster! You're in a tiny minority and have no chance of getting your way.

How's the campaign going btw?
Calm down.

Now regarding this 'campaign' you keep going on about, let's all remember that it's a made up thing by you in your own head. So the only person who knows anything about it on the whole planet is you.

So you must ask yourself the question. And with all due respect, don't expect much of an intelligent answer. :D

cherod

Visit site
Same in places like Antigua and Guadaloupe. The Surgeon General who saved so many workers lives when the US took over building the Panamma Canal attacked the areas where the females lay their eggs, highly successfully.

I've been reading this morning about an invasive species of fish wrecking Thailands ecology. So far, no fish huggers protesting.
Consider your own wording “ invasive “ , many would consider you as being more invasive in the straights than an indiginous animal

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I'm not sure one or two agitated posters on a UK yachting forum constitutes the entirety of the "local's" opinions.

I suspect even the majority of people living wherever you class as "local" would not support the Captain's "Burst 'em" campaign.

Of course, nature & the environment is our shared global heritage - people all over the world get involved in campaigns whether they are distant or closer to.

And, in any case, who really is a local? I've been within about 70nm of an attack site so far this year (and seen a couple of orcas). I'm crewing on a boat heading that way (probably) later in the year. When, in your opinion, am I allowed to hold an opinion?

By "local's", I'm referring mainly to the sailing citizens of the countries where attacks have taken place. At no time have I suggested you or anyone else can't voice their opinion so stop trying to twist comments.

You've been 70nm from an attack? We've had attacks <5nm from here and I will be out sailing through the area in the next few days.

Bristolfashion

Visit site
By "local's", I'm referring mainly to the sailing citizens of the countries where attacks have taken place. At no time have I suggested you or anyone else can't voice their opinion so stop trying to twist comments.

You've been 70nm from an attack? We've had attacks <5nm from here and I will be out sailing through the area in the next few days.
Nice to know I have your permission to carry on having an opinion!

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Calm down.

Now regarding this 'campaign' you keep going on about, let's all remember that it's a made up thing by you in your own head. So the only person who knows anything about it on the whole planet is you.

So you must ask yourself the question. And with all due respect, don't expect much of an intelligent answer. :D
OK, who's the agitated one - you, who want to "burst" orcas or me, my own thoughts being broadly in line with just about everyone else on the matter. All the legal positions and relevant groups being on the same side as me does lead to an almost zen-like calm.

And, ah, so you're NOT campaigning or advocating in any meaningful way, just sounding off about "bursting" orcas on a forum. Pretty pointless eh?

You do realise that you're the one in a tiny minority on the issue don't you? Me, I'm mister mainstream.