OneSail IFS experience and tips.

Bill23

Visit site
First time poster, long time lurker…. Hoping I can get some help with using a new IFS self furling Asymetric from anyone who has one of these…

finding it impossible to get a good furl… such that it’s unfurling itself partially if the wind picks up..

Does anyone have any practical advice as to how to get that right to ensure the sail is secure?

Thank you In advance!

bignick

Visit site
If I purchased a brand new sail that wasn’t performing as advertised I think I’d be straight on the phone to One Sails. have you tried asking them to come out on the boat to understand the problem and fix it!

Not having one of these (I wish!!!) I would think that it would be sensitive to luff tension during the furl, and also to sheeting position. Do you have tweakers on the sheets? Pulling the tweaker down would tighten the leech as you roll the sail.

Shockwave 493

Visit site
First time poster, long time lurker…. Hoping I can get some help with using a new IFS self furling Asymetric from anyone who has one of these…

finding it impossible to get a good furl… such that it’s unfurling itself partially if the wind picks up..

Does anyone have any practical advice as to how to get that right to ensure the sail is secure?

Thank you In advance!
I have both an AF0 and an AF3; both furl very well.

My furling technique is to tighten the luff; bear away to reduce the apparent; and keep tension on the sheet during the furl.

I've experienced no problems.

One Sails recommend that IFS sails should not be left hoisted and furled in more than 12 knots apparent.

Assuming you bought from One Sails East, I'd have a word with John Parker - he was extremely helpful when I bought from him and provided much considered advice.