One tap live river conditions

Rascal Joe

www.jeffmaynard.com
I have created a new free to download and free to use Shortcut for Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac) that gives you the current non-tidal river conditions.
Simply select the river stretch for which you want the live conditions; or select your preferred stretch as the default and see the current state of that stretch with just one tap.
Instructions on how to download, install and use the Shortcut together with guides on adding a Home Screen link or a Today screen Widget can be found on the dedicated site.

Please. note that the Shortcuts previously provided no longer work following the EA's arbitrary and notice-free withdrawal of their news feed. This new Shortcut circumvents that issue...

Quint

Visit site
I accidentally tapped on one stretch of the river now I seem to be stuck and can’t go back to any other stretch. How do I clear it ?

Quint

Visit site
I tried several times to clear the unwanted conditions between locks to no avail !
Why is it not possible to just simply see conditions and colour coordination ie Red,Yellow, Green on the entire length of the Upper Thames as it was before ? Without having to go to a specific destination between individual locks .!where the previous app was far more useful on an extended journey on the Upper Thames , coincidentally after several attempts, I still can’t clear the previous search .

Rascal Joe

www.jeffmaynard.com
The change is because the EA decided, without consulting any river users, to remove the news feed previously providing the full coloured list. The app now displays the EA black and white conditions. The Shortcut will display the selected stretch in colour.
I think you are confusing the app and the shortcut…

Quint

Visit site
I take your point, but if that is the case, how is it that the Sheridan Marine App gives as I said the complete colour coordinated River conditions from Lechlade to Teddington ?

Rascal Joe

www.jeffmaynard.com
Because someone has taken the trouble to write a lot of code. Doing the same for the River Thames Guide app is on my to-do list but , as it’s an unpaid hobby, not everything gets done right away (hence providing the Shortcut as a stop gap).
My app already has over half a million lines of code and will continue to evolve but at a pace that suits my other commitments…

Other threads that may be of interest