Oldgit vs The POO tank.

oldgit

Visit site
As you all know my most recent sojourn on the boat involved a week or two on the Thames and a chance to use my holding tank."...........be still my beating heart"
Anywho it got rather full and a bit whiffy and unwilling to cough up £8.00 for a pumpout or unload it opposite Windsor Castle as a present from the "Peoples Republic of Medway" on the day of the wedding,looked after it until we reached the tidal bits.
H.mm interesting gloop gloop noise but tank level gauge not going anywhere...O Poo.
After going through all the expensive possibilities as you do,decided to pop off the inspection hatch and poke around a bit,definately do not remember eating some of the stuff in there .
It turned out that the bit of pipe that goes from the fitting on top of the tank down into the depths had fallen off.Being a bit reluctant to fish around for it,nipped over to Wickes for a short length of pipe and a bit of Araldite.Hey presto sorted.
More details available on request:)

Last edited:

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
More details available on request:)

Far too much detail, already, thank you very much. Actually, I am rather surprised that it got so full in such a short period of time. Is it a small tank or ........... ?

Presumably, your return to posting the usual drivel indicates that the collection from South Dock and subsequent return to the cheap end of the waterways marketplace went smoothly? Hope getting up so early this morning wasn't too much of a problem.

Oh, remind me, how much longer do you have to wait to get the coveted 'Bleu' ?

oldgit

Visit site
Thank you all for your kind words,my tank contents is now on its way to Sheerness and back up the Thames shortly.