North Spain Cheapish Marina

alorwin

Visit site
Hi

We are currently in the process of buying a boat in the South of France. As I am sure many of you will appreciate, it costs a fortune in marina fees down there! Can anyone recommend a cheapy marina with basic facilities fairly close, probably in the north of Spain area. The boat is actually just below Perpignan at the moment. The reason it can't be too far away is we have minimal experience, and obviously need to get the boat ready for intensive cruising before we start on an epic voyage!

We will be living aboard, so if anyone might be able to offer us a little advice it would be great. I realise cheap marinas are a well kept secret but we are new to this, so would really appreciate the help.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for reading!

Amanda OP

<hr width=100% size=1>

charles_reed

Visit site
Do you really mean N Spain?

It's comparable to asking for a berth in E Scotland for a boat on the S Coast.

You've got to be in St Cyprien, Argelés or Canet-Plage, you'll find all 3 of these about 1/2 the price of UK marinas (never mind the S coast) for 10m you're talking about €2100, for a genuine annual berth. The rub is, of course the 3-year waiting list so you'll have to pay visiting yacht rates.

I'd suggest looking at the Junta de Andalucia marinas - many more, better than MDL and about 20% of the prices, with sun and fairly easy cheap flights from the UK (which is a problem in N Spain).

<hr width=100% size=1>

alorwin

Visit site
Hi

Your right about this. It has also been pointed out by my adoring partner that I am wrong! Again!

What I really mean is the Med top side of spain, the bit just below France - ie the Barcelona side and area.

So, lets try again! If anyone has any ideas of anything in that area, if you could let us know, we would be very grateful/

Thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Um, I think you need some onboard asistance as well as a cheap marina, perhaps? Anyway, we found that barcelona itself is cheap, port olimpic as well as port vell. Further south seems to be more expensive.

<hr width=100% size=1>