Non Permanent address in UK.

Mudisox

Visit site
What do live aboard folk do in uk, outwith living in a marina use as their address. I can overcome the problem of mail delivery but what about Doctors, dentists etc and car registration, even the Port authority want a permanent address whilst I am on their mooring for the winter.

Tranona

Visit site
Common problem and the most obvious answer is to use an address belonging to a relative. Not having a permanent residential address is difficult in this country. Once you have an address that you can use for all your official correspondence, even if you don't live there most of your problems go away.

Prettu sure others will come along with their experiences of how they deal with it - it is a regular question here.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Common problem and the most obvious answer is to use an address belonging to a relative. Not having a permanent residential address is difficult in this country. Once you have an address that you can use for all your official correspondence, even if you don't live there most of your problems go away.

Prettu sure others will come along with their experiences of how they deal with it - it is a regular question here.
+1 we use a relatives address for all of this sort of stuff.

laika

Visit site
+another. As far as HMRC and banks are concerned I've lived with my parents since I actually left home for an itinerant life 30 years ago. This does cause a problem for gaining access to government services you'd prefer to be local but ask you for proof of address (like doctors). I was ultimately able to sign up with a local surgery here by showing them my marina contract (thanks to advice from here) but Brighton is pretty progressive and the liveaboards are "known about" (if not official). Your other alternative wold presumably be to sign up with a doctor near your "official" address and visit a local doctor as a temporary patient.