Noisy Fenders

syd

Visit site
Just finished cleaning my fenders so they're all spankingly shiney in preperation for April 1st when the boat goes back in.
Whilst in the process of scrubbing my little buoys over the sink, my fenders in neat file along the kitchen worktops, with various fender cleaning products all lined up in a row, all supposed to make the process easier, I became aware (over my contented humming) of a high pitched screeching noise.

OK, there was the odd spillage or two and the innevitable puddle, plus some sea weed in odd places, but she did'nt have to make such a fuss over a little bit of boat maintenance, DID SHE??
I'm not half of the things she called me either!
I want to clean my Avon dinghy next, spose I'll have to smuggle that into the shower with me.

Do any of you'se lot take gear home to clean it? What sort of gear is acceptable? Do you have problems with inconsiderate members of the family who stop you doing this?

Syd :)

<hr width=100% size=1>

Stingo

Visit site
Yeh, as a teenager, my parents went away on holiday and I decided it was the perfect time to build a boat in their lounge.

On their return, they were not as pleasantly impressed with my industriousness as I thought they'd be.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stingo.co.uk>http://www.stingo.co.uk</A> <font color=blue>- now showing at a computer near you</font color=blue>

Nick2

Visit site
I often take my dinghy into the shower with me but please keep that to yourself......

Nick

<hr width=100% size=1>Just can't understand why I'm not allowed to bring my new dinghy into the house.....

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>I think Debbie is most unreasonable, I mean, the time to moan about messy things in the house should have been when she first found you abandoned in a cardboard box and took you home.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

Sgroves

Visit site
The trick, is to make sure there's no-one in the house at the time, even if sometimes it means taking time off work! I've found this to be the most successful way to stop an ear-bashing, particularly when undertaking major engine rebuilds such as big-ends or oil pumps!

Steve

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
I splitup with a girlfriend oncew, and took he opportunity to dismantle a large motorbike in the lounge. However, she blimmin turned up again whilst I was washing the fairing in the bath.

<hr width=100% size=1>

joanne2

Visit site
Nick is always bringing fenders, ropes, life rings and other bits of boat home to clean and insists on bringing them inside so that they do no get wet or damp outside!!

Forgive me for saying but where do these things live for most of the year?!?!?!

Joanne

<hr width=100% size=1>

Renegade_Master

Visit site
Re: DJ

Hi David, called in at Benamaldena (cant remember the spelling) on the way to the airport on Friday, to get a part for the Fairlines trim tabs. Anyway the F36 had come with a motley array of tatty fenders so when I realised that the chandlery in question had a 50% off sale, I bought six nice shiny new fenders (inflated them for me too) Usual price 21 euros therefore 1.5 euros each reckon that was quite cheap about £7.

(when I took the boat in Mahon the owners S37 was berthed next door with a mutitude of fenders down each side and aft, reckon he nicked them from my boat the b*****d)

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

NorthernWave

Visit site
My gf moaned at me when she caught me cleaning my cylinder head on the work top????

WOMEN!!!!

Chris

<hr width=100% size=1>Logged Sea Miles wanted for masters. Send PM if your on south coast and want skipper or crew.

jfm

Visit site
Brings back memories!

Years ago my paroids kindly bort me a Mirror dinghy - my first boat. I remember the Bell Woodworking (there's a blast from the past...) brochure, it had stories of interesting Mirror dinghy build cases. There was a pic of a victorian townhouse having the front bay window removed so the Mirror built in the lounge could be lifted out. So that was you Stingo!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Stingo

Visit site
Re: Brings back memories!

No, wasn't me. My parents had sliding french doors which were very handy for removing the boat once it was complete.

Speaking of Mirror dingy's, I think I know the world record holder for taking the longest time to complete a Mirror dingy. This blokes project started in Jan 1972 and is still not complete.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stingo.co.uk>http://www.stingo.co.uk</A> <font color=blue>- now showing at a computer near you</font color=blue>

sgball

Visit site
Don't tar all women with the same brush.

The conservatory if full of fishing rods, diving gear and boating bits.

Parts of the engine are quite often on the dining room table.

Diving equipment is often left to soak in the bath.

And my 4 shelf freezer - 1 for me, 2 for bass and 1 for bait.

Trudie

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Trudie. Can we get together some time. Only to relate our different experiences of course. You understand. Can you discribe yourself to me. What size boat. Are you any good at crawling round engines. and any good with ropes round props. Hope we can have a wonderfull life together.
I am Large size if this helps!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn