NM for Bournemouth Airshow ??

phockit

Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a Notice to Mariners published for the Bournemouth Airshow which is on for the next few days ?? Thinking of joining every other boat anchored out in the bay to watch some of it, but not sure what exclusion area will be in place.

Thanks

Paul

SVB

Visit site
Subject to MRC's valuable advice, according to the Tourism office, 400m off the beach, between the two piers will be the exclusion zone. Other than that, normal navigation is possible.

geardownthreegreens

Visit site
Is all the display likely to take place over the water.
Were hoping to be there Sunday. I was told at the weekend, that the Red Arrows would be flying Fri, Sat and Sunday. Any truth to that?
Si

makkers

www.makkers.com
Limited info about the timetable but found this on bbc site

Air displays and timings
Air displays begin at 1.30pm on Thursday and Friday, 12noon on Saturday and 12.40pm on Sunday.

Among them will be the Red Arrows, as the military aerobatic display team perform daily over the festival. They can be seen an incredible three times - Friday 3pm, Saturday 12noon and Sunday 3pm. They will be joined by a restored Gnat jet on Friday and Saturday

There's also the Eurofighter Typhoon, which is a new addition to the Royal Air Force and said to be the most advanced combat aircraft flying in the world today. Capable of reaching speeds of up to 1,500 mph with displays of combat performance.

Catch this aircraft on Thursday, Friday and Sunday afternoons.

Q: Does 400m from the shore provide sensible depth for anchoring in the area or will I need enough chain to get to Atlantis......I can t be arsed to look at the chart.

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
BAF-VULCAN.803227.jpg

The Vulcan is supposed to be there Saturday
More here

realslimshady

Visit site
Cool-that's my saturday sorted. Launch at Christchurch, round the corner at Hengistbury Head, watch some planes, then hit the beach. Marvellous.

Solitaire

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Is all the display likely to take place over the water.
Were hoping to be there Sunday. I was told at the weekend, that the Red Arrows would be flying Fri, Sat and Sunday. Any truth to that?
Si

[/ QUOTE ]

All air displays will take place over the water between Bournemouth and Boscombe piers.

Want the time table by day? Here it is.

Thursday 28th August

14.00 – 15.00 RAF Memorial Flight
Yakovlevs
Blue Eagles
Tutor
Tucano T1

15.00 – 16.00 King Air
Hawk T1
Eurofighter Typhoon
Black Cats
Team F Guinot Wingwalk
RAF Falcons

Friday 29th August

13.30 – 14.30 RAF Falcons
Black Cats
RAF Memorial Flight
Tutor
Tucano T1

14.30 – 15.30 Blue Eagles
Folland Gnat Jet
Red Arrows & Folland Knat Jet
Red Arrows

15.30 – 16.45 Falcon 20
Yakovlevs
Sea Vixen
King Air
Hawk T1
Team F Guinot Wingwalk
Eurofighter Typhoon

Saturday 30th August

12.00 – 13.00 Red Arrows & Folland Knat Jet
Red Arrows
Yakovlevs

13.00 – 14.00 Navy Lynx
DC-6
Sea Vixen
King Air
Blue Eagles
Sea Hawk

14.00 – 15.00 RAF Memorial Flight
The Blades
Folland Gnat Jet
Tutor
Tucano T1

15.00 – 16.00 Hawk T1
Team F Guinot Wingwalk
Catalina
RAF Falcons

Sunday 31st August

13.00 – 14.00 Yakovlevs
Navy Lynx
Folland Gnat Jet
King Air
Catalina
Blue Eagles

14.00 – 15.00 Sea Hawk
Avro Lancaster
DC-6
Tutor
Tucano T1
Sea Vixen

15.00 – 16.00 Red Arrows & Sea Vixen
Red Arrows
Team F Guinot Wingwalk
The Blades

16.00 – 16.30 Hawk T1
Eurofighter Typhoon
RAF Falcons

I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

phockit

Visit site
Thanks for the details, the official site is all a bit vague - you get the feeling it was kept that way to force you to buy the program.....

Now just need to work out whether we go Friday or Saturday and which boat to take as Ahoy2 has left me in charge of his for a few days /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Paul

Solitaire

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

you get the feeling it was kept that way to force you to buy the program.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup - exactly where the info cam from. That will be £5 please, oh OK make it £2.50 /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Geoffs

Visit site
No Vulcan

The Vulcan will not make its appearance at Bournemouth tomorrow (Saturday).

They've had a hydraulic failure on U/C doors. It's been fixed but has to be certified, before it can fly. There is no one available to carry out this certification. You'd have thought someone would put themselves out so this machine can fly.

Local radio says 'Vulcan grounded by red tape' /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Todays show very good. Typhoon most impressive, the pilot positioned his machine over me, pointed tail pipes at me and put on after burners. WOW! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Solitaire

Visit site
Re: No Vulcan

I was there yesterday - my ears are still ringing. Setting off from the Hamble early tomorrow to pick friends up in Lymington at 09.30. Any body seeing a boat called "Motala", come past and wave. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif