Nice little boat

V1701

Visit site

Stemar

Visit site
Very pretty, but I'd put money on her not looking like that now.

For someone with the golden triangle of time/skills/money that could be a nice, relatively manageable, project by the looks of it...
I fear that golden triangle is actually a quadrilateral. The ingredient you've missed is a certain kind of insanity which is essential for any wooden boat.

I do hope she finds someone, but it won't be me. I don't have the right kind of insanity :)

dombuckley

Visit site
Very pretty, but I'd put money on her not looking like that now.

I fear that golden triangle is actually a quadrilateral. The ingredient you've missed is a certain kind of insanity which is essential for any wooden boat.

I do hope she finds someone, but it won't be me. I don't have the right kind of insanity :)
What level of insanity do you think would be necessary to take on three wooden boats?

Just asking for a friend.

Cluck, cluck, gibber, gibber, my old man's a mushroom.....

veshengro

Visit site
" What level of insanity do you think would be necessary to take on three wooden boats? "

An award of the highest order of Wibble, and enforced time under observation, in a Straight Jacket. :LOL:

dombuckley

Visit site
" What level of insanity do you think would be necessary to take on three wooden boats? "

An award of the highest order of Wibble, and enforced time under observation, in a Straight Jacket. :LOL:
Seems fair. Will I be incarcerated with a tin of varnish and a lump of Stockholm tar, or am I expected to go completely 'cold turkey'?

veshengro

Visit site
" Seems fair. Will I be incarcerated with a tin of varnish and a lump of Stockholm tar, or am I expected to go completely 'cold turkey'? "

No. The current treatment is enforced viewing of an 18 hour video on the manufacturing processes of various European Fibre glass Yachts interspersed with continual sound recordings on the benefits of Bulb keels, Hydrofoils, and Dyneema standing rigging.

dombuckley

Visit site
No. The current treatment is enforced viewing of an 18 hour video on the manufacturing processes of various European Fibre glass Yachts interspersed with continual sound recordings on the benefits of Bulb keels, Hydrofoils, and Dyneema standing rigging.
Now that's just plain evil. I get enough of that at work.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Oh no won’t be going to look it just struck me what a pleasant boat looking boat it was

It is indeed pleasant to look upon

. . . from a distance!

I am forever grateful for those who maintain wooden and other handsome boats for myself and others to admire without the time, cost and aggravation penalty involved in their ownership.

(I realise that puts me uncomfortably close to those who insist on living in bungalows with picture windows though which they can admire the quaint cottages which give their chosen village its character. :oops:)

Last edited:

Adios

Visit site
I think its an ideal boat for estuary pottering and coast hopping. Which is probably why it reminds me of Maurice Griffiths designs and who was that other east coast rivers designer? Boats for sitting at anchor on a blustery day with a good book waiting for a weather window but not really bothered if it doesn't come as the mission was already accomplished by being on the boat.

Wansworth

Visit site
I think its an ideal boat for estuary pottering and coast hopping. Which is probably why it reminds me of Maurice Griffiths designs and who was that other east coast rivers designer? Boats for sitting at anchor on a blustery day with a good book waiting for a weather window but not really bothered if it doesn't come as the mission was already accomplished by being on the boat.
You are a poet🙂