Nice day out..eventually

DepSol

Visit site
Woke up this morning and not a breath of wind so whispered to the wife that we will be going to France and then picked up my copy of MBY and went off to my reading room (the toilet).

Flicked through the bits I had read and then I thought I would read Toms foreward as I like reading the editors foreward. As you will see Tom goes on about being pleasant in order for everyone to enjoy their day rather then ranting and raving and hoping that people would have a good time despite this.

Anyway as I got off my throne the wife told me that her sister, nephew and her sisters mate woudl be joining us today. Bloody great I thought so whislt she was still on the phone I said the boat leaves @10am be there or be left behind and went off for me shower.

After my shower it transpires that the wife has been conned it to giving everyone a lift to the boat and as they are so unprepared have no lunch. hmmm I am not impressed so start to rant on about leaving on time and that they had better not be long getting food in the shop. sister in law says well if he is going to be like that all day I am not coming (hooray) so I get even meaner and say you can bloody well get your mates lunch whilst your there and dont think we are paying for your share of the taxi again. this should have done it but no, she is still coming despite my threats of being really horrid, damn!

At 9.45 the wife goes to pick them up, no sign of wife and (SIL) till 10am at which point I am cheesed off as we should have been down the boat at least and we still have said freind to pick up. I book the video for the F1 and stand outside impatiently! I am thinking about Toms foreward but cant stop this mood as I know SIL will do something silly at least 20 times in the day as she is sharing the sole braincell with her dog and the dog wasnt coming.

We get under way and I told her to wear her jackets as it would be cold over. No they know better so when we get past Herm I have to slow down so wife can go downstairs to get their jackets, more time wasting!

Any way we get down the boat but dont leave till 10.40am...just as Tom mentioned in his article about getting al the stuff and getting to the boat usually ends up in an hours delay. So I am cheesed off as clouds start to come over and wind picks up to F3. If we had left @10 we would be 10 mins off French coast and would have had a better journey as the tide was dropping which causes chop in this area..

Any how all on board and we get to France in under an hour and all in all it was a good day but total inconsideration from people who come on boat, leave food and litter aboard after expecting lift and to be waited on during the day. Leave France at 5.30 frnch time and arrive in Herm at 5.20 for tea and biscuits

Any way everbody enjoyed them selves, despite my attempts to sabotage the trip by dropping reminders on how utterly rude they were making a mess of my boat etc etc which is a pity as they might want to come again!

Maybe Tom was right and to kick the tyrrany into touch would maje a better day however, we all had a good time and if I had moaned loads more and hey had a rotten time then maybe they wouldnt want to come again!

So sometimes tyrrany can be a good thing but make sure the person you aim it at isnt too thick skinned or thick headed for it to bother them.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

ChrisP

Visit site
Your'e obviously suffering from nice bloke syndrome. I'll give you a few usefull tips when I come over. Follow these simple rules and you can be assured that you will soon make the dizzy heights of " the biggest Bas***d SIL has ever met" and she won't want to be on the same island as you. This will lead to long summer days on the boat on your own. Don't worry about the wife's reaction and getting the silent treatment this will be reversed as soon as you "forget" to bank the monthly wage cheque.

ChrisP

<hr width=100% size=1>What do you mean the sea gull in front's walking !!!

Steve_D

Visit site
Glad to see that you got out OK. My wife wasn't put off by our chilly pootle about on Saturday so that's a result, the kids just keep on asking when we are going out again so I think they are hooked.

Now if I can just work out how to get back in without writing off everyone else's boat then boating will become positively pleasureable.

Where did you go BTW, Dielette?

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
Trouble is Chris no matter how mean I am to her she soon forgets. Goldfish syndrome I think they call it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

DepSol

Visit site
Yes we went to Dielette until 5.30 then Herm.

dont worry about the morring thing everyone goes through it. Trouble is when you do it right no one is watching when you cock it up there is about 1000 people on the quay.

Steve_D

Visit site
I think I'm gonna suggest that we try coming in stern to. We should be able to manage it without writing off the bathing platform & stern drive with a bit of care.

I notice that you're in stern first so thats obviously the way to do it with style and grace /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

REgards

Steve D

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
There are a few problems with the Albert Marina,

1 The wind, it eddies around the marina but is a lot calmer towards the wall on the Herm Seaway side.
2 The tide that also circulates around the marina and it changes from coming up and washing through the wave wall to going down which has a pulling effect towards the albert pier,
3 The pontoons, there is more of a manouverable gap near the Herm Seaway wall than there is at the entrance to the pontoons. Therefore, the further down your mooring is the more space you have to manouvre in.

Always best to cut your speed early then and find out where the wind and tide eddies are taking you then plan your approach from there.

Best of luck any problems and I will show you how I still cock it up /forums/images/icons/smile.gif