Next Boat

G

I am trying to decide on slightly used Sealine 47 vs. AZ 46. Has anyone an opinion which is the better boat in terms of seakeeping and build ? Thanks.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

I would choose the Az 46 every time.With its Cat engines and clever interior layout could fancy one myself.Excellent sea keeping credentials. Good Luck.

<hr width=100% size=1>

D

Deleted User YDKXO

AZ46 for me especially with Cat engines. Also, I think the cabin layout is excellent. I would'nt necessarily say that Sealine's build quality is worse than Azimut these days especially on the larger craft

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
aftersales support in the uk will be weaker for AZ, though the az has got swoopier windows. If a sealine, to be based in the med, buy it from herve letellier at sealine france and keep it in baie des anges 4 miles from Nice airport. Note also that aftersales support in the uk even extends to sealine bigwigs popping in here on the forum with ideas and help - pretty damn good i reckon.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

After sales support for cats themselves is as good as any especially if you get yourself on a Cat maintenance contract. I`ve even called them out on a Sunday I don`t think many volvo etc etc would do that.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Alistairr

Visit site
Looks like the AZ is winning hands down, so i'd go with that as well!!!

Although i've never heard of it! what it like? what does AZ stand for?
By all reconing it sounds a good boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>CHEERS.

Help needed to name new boat, PLEASE.

G

It stands for Azimut a friend of mine is uk sole distributor Bill Dineen. of Med -Sale UK lovely fellow what he don`t know about boats ain`t worth knowing including those things with the rags.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jfm

Visit site
IMHO......

All IMHO:

Build kwality wise, this Sealine is OK. The T series are a big improvement over some of the earlier F series

The Sealine even looks ok, the styling was much improved with the T46/47

Sealine is a 2 cabin boat, Azi is 3. This should be a major factor, no?

Azi is wonderful styling, tres desirable, great interior layout and good interior colours recently, but some slightly older ones (3yrs?) seem to have poor colours inside. Pastel coloured velvet pile carpets that look manky

Azi cabins are excellent - two doubles, walk in robe in the master. But the bathrooms are unbelievably horrid. Acres of sand brown glossy gelcoat. Think building site portaloo. Compare with say Fairline Phantom 46, which has much much better bathrooms, miles better.

The Sealine T46 is surely a much better boat than T46, because of very clever aft cabin/aft cockpit arrangement.

Sealine support in UK is good, as others said. Dunno about Azi, but the dealer is a long way up the hamble (at universal) and you will need a ranger over if you plan to visit by road, it's rough. So, not a good first impression, but might be ok otherwise.

Azi has nice Cat engines.

Anyway, for the UK I would get a Phantom 46. Stong dealer support, good looks, good interior, strong resale, much better high speed handling than either Azi or Sealine, you might even find a navy blue hull one.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Re: IMHO......

Better still I think I would go for the 47 Squaddie probably my next boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Just seconding (or thirding) excellent customer support from Sealine. Sealine have several of their own sales offices for new and secondhand (eg Hamble) as well as dealers.
I favour company owned sales offices because of their direct links to HQ and the factory. They have the relationships to get things done very quickly and have access to a huge knowledge base.
David

<hr width=100% size=1>

adarcy

Visit site
Re: Sealine definitely

there,
that will reduce the demand for AZ's and hopefully reduce the price into my ballpark

now all I've got to do is work out some reasons.........

<hr width=100% size=1>