Newbie Here, so please say hello!

TimBob1989

Visit site
Hi folks,

I've been skulking around here for a while now and have already been in touch with a few East Coast forumites, thought it was high time I introduced myself properly!

I'm Rob, I'm 19 and own and sail a dinghy on the Welland in Spalding, Lincolnshire. I'm keen to get into some keelboating and get to know some new sailors, which is pretty much why I'm here... (Along with the fact that I like a chat.)

I'll be about here until late Sept when it's off to uni again, so between now and then I'm up for a sail, giving people a hand with things and generally anything boat orientated!

Do say hello, as you all seem to be such friendly folks.

Regards,

Robin

sarabande

Visit site
welcome to the centre of the nautical universe. Though you have chosen to live on the downhill side of the UK, if you are strong, intelligent, obedient, prudent, have a large selection of doubtful jokes, etc, etc, and have a spare beer or two, you should have no difficulty getting a berth as a foredeck gorilla.

Enjoy the freedom of the forum before you are trapped in the academic maelstrom.

MoodySabre

Visit site
Hello Rob

We are indeed a friendly bunch. I'm even further away from you than the Orwellites. I'm sure someone within striking distance will offer you a sail.

Are people in the fens losing their inbred shyness (Dave 6d being the exception)? A few creeping out of the bogs lately /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Robin,

Welcome aboard

[ QUOTE ]
Well, all apart from that Full Circle fellow. He's a bit of a git really. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have put it better myself /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think we are talking foredeck chimp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Robin

Sometimes need a crew for Flipper if you fancy it (don't always go singlehanded!) and headroom is about 5' 6" I think - immaterial for me really as I am over 6' so have to bend all the time.

Once EastCoastBernie has finished with you of course /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bastonjock

Visit site
Hi Robin

welcome to the board,im over in Baston,Sixpence is in Spalding and theres an even more dodgy charachter from Deeping,so your not alone /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think I need to make something clear here. I have been sailing with you lot for about a year now and I am confident in saying that is the first time any of you have seen me in a well reefed skirt, let alone in fishnets. After all, it's taken that long for some of you to work out I ain't a bald-headed Essex bloke!

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Athene V30

Visit site
Roger

My eldest boy is 19 and I wouldn't want to know what he gets up to. I do seem to remember that men reach the peak of <<word removed to save blushes>> drive in late teens / early 20's and Ladies, well how can I put this, some years later.

All I am going to say if you go to Levington is don't come knocking if the boat is a rocking /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and there is no chance for the rest of old buggers to keep up even with those little blue pills (so I am told)!

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Athene V30

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Apologies to Bernie or is it Robin! It is the affect of the weather forecast and the thought I have got to take the Scout Leader & 5 x 12 year old Sea Scouts on my boat tomorrow and wondering what they will destroy (the Leader that is!) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

lenseman

www.dswmarineengineering.com
[ QUOTE ]
Are people in the fens losing their inbred shyness (Dave 6d being the exception)? A few creeping out of the bogs lately /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I have the book called "The Bog People", and I think it has some photographs of one of Dave (Sixpence's) ancestors! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site
She doesn't look old enough [whisper behind back of raised hand] what do you reckon[\whisper]

Don't answer this or we are dead /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Robin - welcome to nuthouse. All nutters welcome.