New engine instrument panel

Picks

Visit site
Anybody know where I can source a new engine display ( rev counter, warning lights etc. ) to go in my cockpit for a Yanmar 2YM15. Tried looking in the usual places but to no avail. And is it a simple case of removing the old and wiring in the new as was ?
Cheers.

jwilson

Visit site
I keep thinking that there are enough owners around irritated with faulty hour LCDs on their Yanmar and Volvo panels and appalled by the official replacement cost to make it worthwhile for someone to make and sell a batch of better and cheaper plug-and-play and same-panel-size alternatives. Possibly one LCD plus some LED lights and a buzzer rather than a dial tacho and preheat, start and stop buttons.

geem

Visit site
Not just Volvo and Yanmar lcd hour meter. My Perkins hour meter is extremely intermittent. I enquired about a new panel cos there are other issues with it as well. They wanted £800 for a new one! Since the engine is 500 hrs between oil changes I just change oil every year and when occationally the hour meter makes an appearance I write down the hours and the date...