New electric toilet

Squeaky

Visit site
Good afternoon:

A couple of weeks ago I went out to buy a replacement kit for my Jabsco manual toilet and came back with an electric one which I had installed the same day.

I am surprised at the amount of noise it makes when running and have not as yet discovered whether it can be heard by my neighbors or not - will have to get someone to operate it while I stand on the pontoon.

Does anyone have any experience and know if the internal workings are harmed by the use of chemicals to remove scale etc? There are many products on the market which is sold for this purpose.

Thanks

Squeaky

dslittle

Visit site
Good afternoon:

A couple of weeks ago I went out to buy a replacement kit for my Jabsco manual toilet and came back with an electric one which I had installed the same day.

I am surprised at the amount of noise it makes when running and have not as yet discovered whether it can be heard by my neighbors or not - will have to get someone to operate it while I stand on the pontoon.

Does anyone have any experience and know if the internal workings are harmed by the use of chemicals to remove scale etc? There are many products on the market which is sold for this purpose.

Thanks

Squeaky

We have the Jabsco Quiet Flush. Like yourself we have found them anything but quiet - I think that they could be done under the Trade Descriptions Act BUT they are good and work well.
Last season I gave them a good dose of vinegar. The only obvious difference was the fact that it obviously got rid of the calcium on the joker valve because a small degree of back filling started. No great problem as we always flush through copiously but a bit annoying as it was fine before I 'mended' it!!!

colind3782

Visit site
We have a Matro Marine electric toilet. The pump packed up and after I bought a replacement I found that the whole unit would have been cheaper! The pump does make a noise but we try not to use it after 9pm and before 9am. I'm toying with the idea of putting insulation between the pump and its cover.