Neco Autopilot

G

I have a Neco 892 DU80 Autopilot which is a fantastic feat of engineering but has recently failed me. I can't trace Neco Marine, I assume they have been absorbed by someone, where can I get it serviced?
Alternatively does anyone know why everything including the drive motor works but the chain doesn't move i.e. clutch doesn't seem to work- could this be electronic or mechanical?
Any help will be gratefully received as I don't much fancy 16 hours at the helm on my next trip to Cherbourg!

david_bagshaw

Visit site
We also have a Neco, Although the last repair was done by Sailtron in the Netherlands,(95) Neco was taken over by Walkers in Birmingham, who told me repairs on the south coast are undertaken by name unknown, tel 01243377868, code has probably changed by now as this info is a few yrs old. If no luck speak to David Peachy at Walkers 0121 622 24775, for the latest repairers.

David psTake a look at www.yachtman.co.uk

G

David, thanks so much for your post, I have now spoken to Derek Coventry at the first number you gave me. he used to work for Neco and tested almost every model they made. he can fix things from home and is only a few miles from my boat. It is things like this that make the Practical Forum so useful.