Navman Transducer

Mike k

Visit site
Any suggestion for a UK supplier of plastic insertable through the hull transducers. Been on to Navico in the Netherlands who pointed me to a Canadian company Gemeco who I have emailed but no response as yet. So not holding out much hope on that one . Any suggestions greatly welcomed

bedouin

Visit site
what sort of transducer are you looking for?

The best known company is airmar - they used to make the vast majority of transducers used by the big names (at least for depth).

bedouin

Visit site
Hi Bedouin its an insertable through hull plastic fishfinder/depth sounder.

I think it is almost certainly an airmar - and I believe jgtech sell them.

With transducers all that matters is that they suit the frequency of the instrument (used to be 150KHz or 200KHz) and you can mix and match - I am running my Garmin from a transducer that was fitted for an old whirly-gig sounder 30 years ago. May not be the same with the latest hi-tech multi-frequency jobs, but I guess the Navman is fairly basic

mcalan

Visit site
I snapped the end of my Navman speed and temperature transducer it was actually a plastimo/advansea transducer I had a long conversation with the service center who recommend an Airmar replacement however it requires changing the skin fittings. I then managed to find a direct replacement ( new old stock) so it is no longer needed it's on eBay at the moment let me know if you're interested its an airmar ST800

Last edited:

Mike k

Visit site
I think it is almost certainly an airmar - and I believe jgtech sell them.

With transducers all that matters is that they suit the frequency of the instrument (used to be 150KHz or 200KHz) and you can mix and match - I am running my Garmin from a transducer that was fitted for an old whirly-gig sounder 30 years ago. May not be the same with the latest hi-tech multi-frequency jobs, but I guess the Navman is fairly basic

thanks I have emailed Jgtech

Mike k

Visit site
I snapped the end of my Navman speed and temperature transducer it was actually a plastimo/advansea transducer I had a long conversation with the service center who recommend an Airmar replacement however it requires changing the skin fittings. I then managed to find a direct replacement ( new old stock) so it is no longer needed it's on eBay at the moment let me know if you're interested its an airmar ST800

thanks but its a depth sounder I need .